QuickBooks Hosting also referred to as QB Cloud Hosting. QuickBooks hosting relates to the QuickBooks Desktop version installed over the cloud on the hosted network server to allow access from any of the locations with the help of a web browser. In a QuickBooks Hosted version, Files and Data can be accessed by the verified user from any place, and at any time, without installing it on a local machine.
The robustness of the desktop version as well as the accessibility of the online version is provided by QuickBooks hosting for accountants.
How QuickBooks Hosting Works
Here is how QuickBooks on the cloud operates:
- On the server of the service provider, the licensed copies of the QuickBooks are installed.
- With certain configurations, the QuickBooks user is provided access to the server over the web.
- With proper security steps, the application is deployed on the internet.
- Using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) the connectivity between the end-user device and the server is achieved which led to the configuration of the desired user.
- The server is customized to be accessed from any device including Smartphones, tablets, etc. which are working on different Operating Systems/platforms such as Android, iOS, etc.
Any of the modifications which are performed on hosted QuickBooks are saved automatically and will appear to all entitled users which are accessing QuickBooks from any place.
Additionally, users can also host QuickBooks on the cloud with the help of a Virtual Desktop Cloud which helps them to access it from anywhere.
How Hosting the QuickBooks on the cloud is Better Than Traditional QuickBooks Desktop:
QuickBooks Desktop is considered one of the most advanced and used accounting applications. But there are a few limitations that exist which can restrict the accountants from attaining the maximum potential which is listed below:
- Restricted user access
- No Remote Access
- All the data is stored on a local device only.
- Resource limitations of the local device
- No real-time team collaboration
- Sharing & exchanging files is inconvenient
- Lack of automation in updates
- Lack of automation with data entry
Modes of QuickBooks Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Alternate Hosting
- Peer-to-Peer Hosting
How to opt for the best QuickBooks Cloud Hosting Provider?
The makers of QuickBooks recommend opting for authorized hosting providers. The Authorized Partners are screened to ensure that user data is safe and delivered services sustain the best quality.
A few of the major factors to be considered while selecting the cloud hosting provider for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Intuit Authorization
- Security practices & features
- Support Policies
- Add-ons & Plugin compatibility
- Customer reviews & testimonials
- Backup & Disaster Recovery solutions
- Data and password storage policies
- Uptime guarantee
- Plans & Price
Hosting the QuickBooks offers various benefits to its users like scalability, cost-efficiency, and more. Hence, it is considered one of the most beneficial solutions to achieve all the accounting processes seamlessly, and efficiently.
Every leading cloud service offers to host the QuickBooks Desktop applications on their server but considering the idiosyncrasies of the accounting applications, Apps4Rent would be the better choice as they command expertise in the field and provide guidance on O365 Tenant to Tenant Migration.