An American in the world of professional wrestling, Vincent Kennedy McMahon is a promoter, executive, and media mogul.
Wrestling Entertainment Worldwide, Inc., the world's largest professional wrestling promotion, has named him chairman and CEO. And he founded and owned Alpha Entertainment as well.
Vince Mcmahon Quick Facts
|Born:||August 24, 1945 (age 77 years), Pinehurst, NC|
|Net worth:||2.6 billion USD (2022) Forbes|
|Grandchildren:||Vaughn Evelyn Levesque, Aurora Rose Levesque|
|Spouse:||Linda McMahon (m. 1966)|
|Siblings:||Roderick McMahon II|
- He was born on August 24, 1945, in Pinehurst, North Carolina, to Vince McMahon and his wife, Linda.
- His father, Vincent James McMahon, abandoned the family at age one. Vince didn't meet his father until he was twelve.
- Victoria, Vince's mother, raised him with a slew of stepfathers. In 1964, McMahon graduated from Fishburne Military School, where he was diagnosed with dyslexia and learning difficulties. In 1968, he earned a business degree from East Carolina University.
Personal Life and Real Estate of Vince McMahon
- On August 26, 1966, Vince McMahon married Linda McMahon in North Carolina. When they were teenagers, they ran into each other at church. They have six grandkids and two children, Shane and Stephanie, who have worked in the family business.
- A 30-minute drive from WWE's headquarters in Stamford, CT, Vince and his family is in Greenwich, CT.
- His Greenwich, Connecticut estate is worth 40 million dollars at the most recent estimations. A $12 million home in Manhattan and a sports yacht called “Sexy Bitch” have also been owned by Vince.
- McMahon faked his death at one point. On June 11, 2007, WWE presented a vignette in which Vince was seen entering a limo just before it detonated.
- The broadcast was cut to “off-air,” and WWE returned to proclaim that McMahon had died. His death was a scenario he had invented for his character, McMahon admitted on June 25, 2007. He allegedly faked his death to discover what the public thought of him.
- Several Republican Party causes have benefited from McMahon's contributions, notably America Rising, a research and tracking organization.
- He made a $5 million donation to the Donald Trump Foundation. Sacred Heart University, East Carolina University, and Fishburne Military School received grants totaling $8 million from the McMahons.
In 1992, McMahon was accused of sexually assaulting Rita Chatterton, a former WWF referee, in a 1986 incident. A bartender in Boca Raton, Florida, accused him of sexual harassment in 2006. In both cases, no official charges were brought.
Net Worth of Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon is an American professional wrestling promoter, announcer, film producer, and occasional wrestler worth $2.3 billion. With WWE, Vince became a multimillionaire and a household name in the entertainment industry.
Vince Mcmahon WWE
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), the business his father started in the 1970s, has made Vince famous as its chairman, CEO, and majority shareholder.
- In 1971, McMahon was tasked with promoting a minor wrestling show for his father, who was still in the wrestling business.
- Vince was All-Star Wrestling's in-ring announcer and play-by-play commentator. Over time, he helped his father's company triple TV syndication and became an increasingly important team member.
- The McMahons inherited a still-small company after their father's death in 1984. Using the support of Hulk Hogan, he established the company's identity.
- This led to the creation of the “Rock & Wrestling Connection,” which introduced pop stars into the storylines and broadened the audience for professional wrestling.
- Wrestling became a household name thanks to McMahon's WWF, which he built into a distinct sports entertainment brand.
At one point, the WWF was the world's most valuable wrestling promotion, but today it's worth billions. A series of inventive shows followed immediately after WrestleMania.
Feuds about Vince McMahon
Since December 1997, Vince McMahon and Stone Cold Steve Austin have been in a bitter feud. It all started when McMahon brought up Austin's alleged attacks on him and other commentators during an on-air interview.
McMahon said on air that he was “sick and tired” of Austin being the WWF Champion and had devised a “master plan to remove the championship” from his hands.
This was back in 1998. After that, Austin drove a Zamboni into the WWF ring and attacked McMahon with it. He was taken into custody not long after that.
In January 2007, Vince also began a well-publicized battle with Donald Trump. McMahon and Trump eventually agreed to an arrangement in which each would appoint representatives to fight on their behalf. The McMahon wrestler was defeated in the match.
How Many WWE Shares Does Vince Mcmahon Own?
Vince currently owns 28.7 million WWE equity shares. At least 80 percent of WWE's voting power and 37 percent of its total outstanding shares are controlled by his class B shares.
When the stock price reached an all-time high of $96 in April 2019, the value of his shares was $2.76 billion.
The value of WWE stock plummeted by around half in the next six months. After taxes, Vince's holding in WWE stock was worth $1.2 billion as of February 2020, when the company was trading at $44.
Vince made about $100 million after selling 3.34 million shares in December 2017. He sold the shares to raise money for the XFL relaunch he just announced. Vince sold 3.2 million shares at a gain of $272 million in April 2019, when the stock was at its all-time high.
As luck would have it, he arrived just in time. Reports claim to have him planning to invest around $500 million of his own money towards the XFL's relaunch. Those same shares would have been worth half as much a few months later. Alpha Entertainment, his wholly-owned corporation, received profits from both sales.