Umbrella Academy Season 3-Phew! What an adventure season two of The Umbrella Academy was.
Five made sure his siblings weren't blitzed to a pulp by the apocalypse in season one by transporting himself and them to the 1960s… right into the path of another catastrophe.
Ben could stop her from splitting the planet apart, allowing Vanya to assist Harlan, who was on the verge of destruction after she bestowed upon him abilities that mirrored hers.
After The Handler and Lila declared war on The Umbrella Academy, the gang escaped death at the hands of The Handler and Lila (the latter is still out there, unlike her “mother” – more on them later).
Isn't it true that there's never a dull moment? However, not everything is as it seems. The siblings returned to Hargreeves HQ only to discover that The Sparrow Academy had taken it over.
“[The Umbrella Academy] should be able to rest now,” showrunner Steve Blackman told Digital Spy, “but something isn't quite right as they've returned.”
“They are claiming to be the Sparrow Academy, but [Reginald] Hargreeves is still alive – which he shouldn't be.”
Expect “lots of Easter eggs,” as well, according to Blackman. “We love hiding Easter eggs for our followers, and there are more Easter eggs this year than in prior seasons.”
We're trying to imply that there's still much more to this tale. Will it, however, return for season three? Everything you need to know is right here.
Umbrella Academy Quick Facts
|First episode date:
|February 15, 2019
|The Umbrella Academy
|Action; Drama; Science fantasy; Superhero
Kevin Lafferty; Sneha Koorse; Jamie Neese; Jason Neese; Ted Miller; Steve Wakefield; D.J. Carson
When Will the Third Season of the Umbrella Academy Air?
Season three of The Umbrella Academy is on the Way, with 10 brand-new episodes.
- Filming is already complete, and the next season will premiere in 2022. Your guess is as good as ours as to when it will happen. Given how critical special effects are in this series, we shouldn't be surprised that we've been waiting so long.
- The apocalyptic vision seen in season two took “months and months” to design, according to visual effects supervisor Everett Burrell, who added:
- “A lot of the feature film effects technologies have now filtered down into the TV business, so we're able to achieve larger and more epic-looking stuff… So we must outdo ourselves every season using the latest technologies we can get our hands on.”
Who's in the Cast of the Umbrella Academy Season 3?
Umbrella Academy Season 3-Justin H Min (Ben) will return for season three. However, he won't be a part of The Umbrella Academy this time, but rather The Sparrow Academy, whatever that is.
And, based on his hair and awful attitude, he's not Ben anymore.
- Vanya (Elliot Page), Five (Aidan Gallagher), Klaus (Robert Sheehan), Allison (Emmy Raver-Lampman), Diego (David Castaneda), Luther (Tom Hopper), and Reginald (Emmy Raver-Lampman) will all be returning, even though they were, against all odds, alive and kicking after season two (Colm Feore).
- Will the rest of the Hargreeves youngsters see double now that The Sparrow Academy and emo “Ben” have been introduced?
- There's also Lila (Ritu Arya), a newcomer who can do everything the siblings do but better. We expect Grace (Jordan Claire Robbins) and Pogo (Adam Godley and Ken Hall) to return.
- Both Allison's spouse Raymond (Yusuf Gatewood), and Vanya's love interest Sissy (Marin Ireland), stayed behind in the 1960s. Thus their tales seem to be over. Harlan, on the other hand, might reappear in the future if he retains his abilities.
- There's also room for new faces, as Netflix revealed a significant casting announcement for the Sparrow Academy at the start of 2021. The following characters will now join Justin H Min (complete with character descriptions):
Marcus, Sparrow #1 will be played by Justin Cornwell (Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey, I Am the Night).
- “A chiseled colossus with a lovely demeanor. Marcus maintains the family together by being honest, moral, and demanding. He is as brilliant as he is powerful, graceful but lethal, calculating but kind. Marcus is self-disciplined, logical, and in command. He exudes confidence and authority without ever raising his voice.”
- “Fei has a unique perspective on the world. She appears to be a misanthrope who would prefer to be alone than spend time with you.
- Fei, on the other hand, wishes she had a buddy. Fei is usually the sharpest guy in the room and is eager to work things out. If you cross Fei, however, there will be no turning back since she will not stop until the work is completed.”
- Alphonso, Sparrow #4 will be played by Jake Epstein (Designated Survivor, Suits).
- “Years of combating crime have left him with many visible reminders of his struggles on his face and body. Alphonso compensates by having a caustic and scathing sense of humor. A delicious pizza and a six-pack of beer are the only things he enjoys more than verbally beating everyone who gets in his Way.”
- “A romantic and a dreamer who senses a greater heavenly calling that compels her to travel the world and live a life beyond her background. Sloane is linked to the Academy by her commitments to her family and her dread of breaching the family line. On the other hand, Sloane has other ideas… and who knows, maybe one day she'll be bold enough to act on them.”
- Jayme, Sparrow #6, will be played by Cazzie David (86'ed, NY Times best-selling author of No One Asked for This).
- “Jayme is a recluse who hides behind a hoodie. She doesn't have to say much since she isn't required to.
- Jayme's sneer is terrifying. You'll dash across the street to avoid what's coming next if you catch sight of it. She spends much time with Alphonso, her sole buddy, and is as sharp as a razor.”
View this post on Instagram
“Christopher is an unidentified telekinetic cube. He can make a room ice cold and paralyze people with dread. He is the Sparrows' go-to oracle, offering excellent counsel and acting as a family mediator.
Christopher is a force to be reckoned with since he is trustworthy, loyal, and is treated by the Sparrows like any other brother.”
Javon Walton, who portrays Euphoria's Ashtray, has also confirmed his participation in the following season.
“Euphoria has led to other significant possibilities for which I am grateful. I'm looking forward to working on some new projects shortly. I'm back on Umbrella Academy for Season 3 of the show. “I understand,” he told Complex.
There's no word on who he'll play in the show, but we're curious!
What Will Happen in Season 3 of the Umbrella Academy?
Season three, whose setting has been revealed as Hotel Oblivion, will be “wilder, larger, zanier” than ever before, according to Blackman, who also teased: “I believe our emotional tales within this dysfunctional family, we're just building it up even more.” This year, the family is in for a few huge surprises.
“There are some incredible developments that people will want to dive into, and there's a lot of growth for this family this year in ways that no one will predict.”
The Umbrella Academy enjoys catching viewers off guard by using a variety of twists and turns to shock and amaze them. According to Page, the cast is often taken aback by the significant changes that occur along the road.
“Well, I feel like I was shocked a lot,” they explained, “because one of the nice things about the program is that a lot of things are new to us when we read the scripts” (via Netflix). “As a result, I constantly feel like there are wonderful surprises.”
We're given to assume that The Handler is dead at the end of season two and that the Commission, now free of her iron grasp, will undergo some much-needed change. But, as we previously stated, we wouldn't be astonished if she reappeared in another fantastic pair of shoes, this time with a larger and better scheme up her sleeve.
The Handler's daughter Lila managed to leave after season two, but we'd bet on her reappearing in season three. Will she side with The Umbrella Academy or turn on them with her abilities?
Fans will be hoping for a Lila-Diego happily ever after, so let's hope they get it.
But, before we get to happy endings, there's the question of The Sparrow Academy, which is bound to raise a few eyebrows.
Who are they, how did they get their start, and what does this signify for The Umbrella Academy?
We won't be able to find solutions in the comics. Even though they've been mentioned in the literature, they remain a mystery. However, the gang is called after Vol. 4 of the comic (which has yet to be released), so expect some vast developments there – and the information co-creator Gerard Way provided in that book might guide the Way to season 3's narrative.
According to Forbes, the comic series' fourth book will be Sparrow Academy.'
“[It] deals with a major reveal in the Umbrella Academy universe, something that has been kept a secret for a long time, and our siblings learn a lot about what was going on behind the scenes, as well as the actual nature of some people who have been with them since the beginning,” Way explained.
“At long last, the series begins to address the question: ‘What about the other babies born on that day, at that time?' The siblings of the Umbrella Academy are no longer alone in the world.”
Plus, now that Reginald's identity has been revealed, will we finally learn more about his grand scheme? “The dark side of the moon” was mentioned, but where does it come from?
Perhaps the most pressing concern is how our heroes will return to their everyday lives. The solution might be found in season two's seemingly benign Easter egg.
Grace comes into Reginald's office in episode eight, ‘The Seven Stages,' and discovers some of the projects he's been working on. While the focus is on space travel designs and assassination preparations for John F. Kennedy, keen-eyed fans may have seen schematics for the Televator, which Hargreeves characterizes as “the next great form of transportation.”
The Televator, as comic book readers will recall, is a lift that permits users to travel through time and space. But it can do more than that; it can also cross dimensions. If this gadget is created in season three, the Umbrella Academy may be able to return home one day.
Meanwhile, use this helpful timeline supplied by Netflix to catch up on everything that happened in season two.
At the very least, we may examine the official episode names, which Netflix revealed in June as part of its enormous TUDUM event.
They are as follows (in order):
– Meet the Family
– World's Biggest Ball of Twine
– Pocket Full of Lightning
– Kindest Cut
– Auf Wiedersehen
– Wedding at the End of the World
– Six Bells
Make what you will of the phrase ‘Kugelblitz,' a scientific name for black holes created by radiation. ‘Meet the Family' sounds self-evident, so that will be our Sparrows introduction. ‘World's Biggest Ball of Twine' will most likely deal with the previous season's jumble of timey-wimey antics, while ‘Pocket Full of Lighting' feels like a possible powers episode – or it may be related to the following…
Meanwhile, ‘Kindest Cut' seems to hint at some treachery…
We have many more episode title theories, which you can find here.
When Will, the Third Season of the Umbrella Academy, Be Released?
Umbrella Academy Season 3-Five made sure his siblings weren't blitzed to a pulp by the apocalypse in season one by transporting himself and them to the 1960s right into the path of another catastrophe. Unfortunately, there has been no trace of any form of the trailer as of January 2022. The teases regarding the Sparrows, on the other hand, keep arriving.
Around a month before the show's formal debut, Netflix usually releases a teaser, followed by a trailer.
But we vow to let you know as soon as we find out!