Trevor Noah Net Worth: Noah's big break in America came when he was hired to succeed Jon Stewart as the host of Comedy Central's “The Daily Show.” Noah had previously created a name for himself in the international stand-up comedy circuit.
Trevor Noah's Salary Per Show
In his first several years as host of The Daily Show; Trevor's salary ranged from $5 million to $8 million, a pittance compared to Jon Stewart's $25 million-plus contract.
In September of 2017, Trevor extended his lucrative contract with Viacom (owner of Comedy Central). According to reports, this contract increased his annual income to $16 million.
Trevor Noah's Early Life
Trevor Noah was born on February 20, 1984, in Johannesburg, South Africa.
The fact that his father Robert was of Swiss ancestry and his mother Patricia Nombuyiselo Noah was of Xhosa ancestry made life difficult for the Noah family during the apartheid era in South Africa; which had criminalized interracial marriage by the time Trevor was born;
His mother faced jail time and fines throughout his childhood (he wrote about his experiences growing up under apartheid in South Africa in his 2016 book “Born a Crime”).
Trevor Noah's Comedian Career
Trevor Noah began his career in the entertainment industry as a teenager.
- In 2002; at the age of 18; he had a walk-on role in an episode of the popular South African soap opera “Isidingo.”
- Approximately at the same time; he began hosting his youth-oriented radio program titled “Noah's Ark.”
- From 2004 to 2006, he hosted an educational television series titled “Run The Adventure.”
- The following year, in 2008, Noah co-hosted the dating game show “The Amazing Date.”
- In 2007; Noah hosted the gossip TV series “The Real Goboza” and the following year he co-hosted the dating game program “The Amazing Date.”
- During this time in his career; he also participated in the fourth season of the reality television series “Strictly Come Dancing.”
- In 2009; he hosted the South Africa Film and Television Awards, and in 2009 and 2010, he co-hosted the South Africa Music Awards. Eventually, he received his television show dubbed “Tonight with Trevor Noah.”
- In 2010, he became the spokesman and consumer protection representative for Cell C, a South African cellular service provider.
- Throughout his career, he has distinguished himself on the stand-up stage, sharing the stage with Paul Rodriguez, Gabriel Iglesias, and Russell Peters, among others.
- In 2012, Noah became the first South African stand-up comedian to appear on “The Tonight Show“; the following year, he held the same distinction on “Late Night with David Letterman.”
- In 2012; he was the subject of the documentary “You Laugh But It's True;” and he made his first appearance as a contributor on “The Daily Show with Jon Stewart” at the end of 2014.
In the same year, he was nominated for the Personality of the Year MTV Africa Music Award.
Trevor Noah's Personal Life
Trevor Noah is likely the only prominent American talk show presenter fluent in eight languages, including English, Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Tsonga, Afrikaans, and German.
- His mother was shot in the head by her ex-husband Ngisaveni Abel Shingange, who, according to Noah, threatened him when he confronted him over the phone about the crime.
- Shange was found guilty of attempted murder in 2011 for shooting Noah's mother, who fortunately survived.
He stated that he hoped the incident would bring attention to the issue of domestic violence in South Africa and the law enforcement response (or lack thereof) to it: “My mother repeatedly contacted the police for assistance with domestic violence, but nothing was ever done.
Trevor Noah's Relationship and Breakup
Trevor Noah, comedian, and star of The Daily Show, will reprise his role as Grammys host on Sunday, April 3 in Las Vegas, Nevada. There have been ups and downs in Noah's relationship with actress Minka Kelly, with whom he is currently involved.
- A source told People in August 2020 that the two had been covertly dating for “many months” and were quarantined at Noah's apartment in New York City.
- They never officially confirmed the rumors, and at the 2021 Grammys, host Noah posed alone on the red carpet.
- In May 2021, People and Entertainment Tonight claimed that Kelly, 40, and Noah, 37, broke their one-year relationship.
- A few weeks later, they were on vacation together, generating speculations of reconciliation.
- By January 2022, the couple was going strong, spending time in South Africa, Noah's native country, and joining Instagram. There is a chance that they will make their red carpet debut at the Grammys, or that Kelly will be discovered in the audience; fans will be watching.
- Here is everything you need to know about their relationship during the original run of the show, as well as who Kelly is and her most prominent parts.
This is common practice in South Africa. Dockets were lost and cases were never heard in court.”
Trevor Noah's Net Worth
Trevor Noah is a comedian, actor, television personality, and radio DJ from South Africa with a $100 million net worth.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Trevor Noah Earn Annually?
$16 million annually
According to Celebrity Net Worth, after signing a new contract with Viacom (the owner of Comedy Central) in September 2017, Noah's income increased to a staggering $16 million per season.
What Was Trevor Noah's Compensation For Hosting the Grammys?
Noah initially hosted the Grammys in 2021, and he did so again at the 64th Annual Recording Academy Awards in 2022. Consequently, how much did Noah earn hosting the Grammys?
As a SAG-AFTRA union member and Grammys presenter, Noah earned a base wage of approximately $5,000.
What Is Jimmy Fallon's Salary?
Jimmy Fallon is well-known for his work on Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
His pay as host of The Tonight Show is $16 million per year.