Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Gearbox's upcoming Borderlands game, was previewed at E3 2021 and appeared to deliver all the bloodshed and mayhem you'd expect.
We'll cover everything you need to know in the lead-up to the game's release date of March 25, 2022, including gameplay details and a synopsis of the story.
While it's safe to assume that Wonderlands will adhere to the Borderlands formula, it adds a unique flavor to the series to make it stand out.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is a Borderlands spinoff, but it stands on its own as a stand-alone title.
It's like the DLC from Borderlands 2's Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep dialed up to 11. Tiny Tina is back as the Bunkermaster in a new version of Bunkers & Badasses, a riff on D&D that you can buy a tabletop version of.
In this fantasy looter-shooter, you'll find all of your favorite elements from the main series and new ones like spellcasting.
It wouldn't be a fantasy world if magic weren't present. Unlike the Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, Wonderlands is described as a “brand new fantasy environment” based on the game's previous content.
Even if this is your first Borderlands experience, you should be able to have a great time.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Gameplay
- In conjunction with Sony's PlayStation Showcase on September 9, 2021, Gearbox released a first look at the game's gameplay, which appears to be about what can be expected.
- The gameplay will be very similar to the previous Borderlands games in the series. Fast-paced action, hectic combat, and a slew of bizarre weapons to guide you through the carnage are all on the menu.
- This time, magical elements such as spellcasting are also incorporated into the story.
- The game's creator, Cox, also hinted that it would have “repeatable endgame content.”
- Some of the enemies you'll encounter include goblins, trolls, and wyverns, and players will have the opportunity to explore classic fantasy environments such as castles.
- While many weapons will be available to players, grenades will be conspicuously absent.
- These aren't exactly appropriate for a fantasy setting. On the other hand, Cox hopes that spellcasting will eventually take its place.
- Wonderlands will include armor, amulets, and proper melee weapons for the first time in the series, marking a significant step forward.
- It is possible to equip modifiers that work in conjunction with a player's loadout to maximize their effectiveness in combat. Some melee gear modifiers, for example, can reduce the duration of spellcasting cooldowns.
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands: Plot and Characters
Gearbox made no compromises regarding securing high-profile talent to voice the cast. Ashly Burch, reprising her role as Tiny Tina, will be joined by Andy Samberg, Wanda Sykes, and Will Arnett in voicing their respective characters.
- According to the film's official description, Samberg plays Valentine, a “headstrong captain,” and Sykes plays the “rule-obsessed robot Frette.”
- The Dragon Lord, who Will Arnett plays, is the adversary that players must defeat. As a bonus, Butt Stallion will also make an appearance as a pleasant little surprise.
- Aside from that, we don't know much about the plot, except that it takes place shortly after the Assault on Dragon Keep and in an “unpredictable fantasy world.”
- A character is heard saying, “you'll never get the Sword of Souls,” at one point in the story trailer, which reveals very little about the plot.
- This suggests that the Sword of Souls could be an artifact of great power that we must recover.
When Is It Released and Which Platforms Will Support It?
As announced at E3 2021, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is scheduled to release on March 25, 2022, for the Xbox Series X and Series S consoles, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store.
Gearbox hasn't revealed any specific current-gen enhancements for the game. Still, it is expected to feature higher resolutions and frame rates on the Xbox One S and PlayStation 5, among other platforms.
People who preorder Tiny Tina's Wonderlands will receive the Golden Hero Armor Pack, which includes a variety of armor and weapons.
Several different editions of the game will be available, including the following: Standard, Next-Level, and Chaotic Great.
The game is not included in the special Treasure Trove collectible box, which contains various physical items in addition to the game itself.
Where to Preorder?
You can preorder Tiny Tina's Wonderlands through its official site.
What Are the System Requirements?
- CPU: Intel i3 530 @2.93 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 805 @2.5 GHz.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit.
- VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 / AMD Radeon HD 7970 with 3GB.
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0.
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0.
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible.
- FREE DISK SPACE: 15 GB.
That's All About Tiny Tina's Wonderlands. Thank You For Reading! Stay Tuned For More Updates, And Bookmark Our Site For More News.