The Upshaws Season 2-“The Upshaws” is a fresh new sitcom quickly gaining popularity among viewers throughout its initial season.
This “throwback comedy with current views” on topics such as romance, sexuality, and love, described by The New York Times as “a throwback sitcom with modern perspectives,” fills a hole that has existed since the conclusion of '90s black comedies such as “Family Matters” and “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.”
The series, which is co-produced and co-starring stand-up comic Wanda Sykes (“The New Adventures of Old Christine,” “Bad Moms”), also includes sitcom legend Kim Fields (“The Facts of Life,” “Living Single”) and comic Mike Epps (“The New Adventures of Old Christine,” “Bad Moms” (“Meet the Blacks,” “The Hangover” trilogy).
The powerful combination of actors who appear in it is among the many reasons why fans have rushed through the show's 10 episodes and are eagerly anticipating the announcement of a new season to watch and dissect.
What will the season be about, when can we expect it to air, and who will be in it are all questions we have. Here's all we know so far about the upcoming “The Upshaws” season on ABC.
The Upshaws Quick Facts
|Created by:||Regina Y. Hicks; Wanda Sykes|
|Opening theme:||Solid by Ashford & Simpson|
|Original release:||May 12, 2021 –; present|
Savannah Sweet Productions; Push It Productions; Naptown Productions
|Nominations:||NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Comedy Series|
When Will Season 2 of the Upshaw's Be Available to Watch Online?
According to netflixlife, The first episode of the second season of The Upshaws will be on Netflix on June 29 at 1:00 a.m. PT/6:00 a.m. ET. If you live in the Midwest, it will be out at 2:00 a.m. CT on the day it comes out. If you watched the first season of the comedy show, you'd know that it's rated TV-14.
- Audience retention (how long a person watches an entire series episode, and how many episodes they watch after that), ownership (is the series owned by Netflix Studios, or was it produced by another studio and sold to Netflix? ).
- Licensing (are the characters from another popular media?) are all factors to consider, according to the IGN website.
- When it comes to having a program renewed on Netflix, the capacity to stand out from the crowd of other series already showing on the network is critical in getting the show continued.
- It's unlikely that we'll see a second season of “The Upshaws” until at least 2022, and it's possible that it won't be until late in the spring.
That's because when you factor in production time, writing time, editing, and any safety measures that may be necessary to protect the health and safety of the show's cast and crew during the pandemic, it'll be at the very least 2022.
The Upshaws Season 2 Trailer
Who Will Appear in Season 2 of the Upshaws, and What Role Will They Play?
If Netflix decides to renew “The Upshaws” for a second season, the whole core cast will probably return for the second season.
Bennie Upshaw, the patriarch and owner of a garage is played by Mike Epps, while his wife, Regina, is played by Kim Fields. Wanda Sykes is the sister of Regina Sykes and a co-owner of Bennie's garage with her sister Lucretia.
- Bennie's son, Kelvin (Diamond Lyons), is played by Gabrielle Dennis, who portrays Tasha Lewis, who was conceived when Regina and Bennie were on a hiatus from their relationship.
- Khali Spraggins is Aaliyah's younger sister, who is near in age to Kelvin. She is also Regina and Bennie's eldest child.
- Regina and Bennie had their first child, Bernard Upshaw, Jr., in high school, and Jermelle Simon portrays the older brother. Jr. is an adult who believes that his father, Bennie, is a distant figure.
- Journey Christine plays Maya Upshaw, Regina and Bennie's youngest daughter, and Page Kennedy plays Duck, Bennie's closest buddy who works at the garage and has recently been released from jail, rounding out the cast.
- In addition, if the series is renewed, Ayaamii Sledge will probably return for the reasons described in the next section.
What Will Be the Focus of Season 2 of the Upshaw's?
When and if “The Upshaws” is renewed for a second season, there are numerous plotlines that will almost certainly be picked up again.
After a considerable dispute, Regina and Bennie take a vacation from one other, which culminates in “Gloves Off,” in which Bennie and Regina tumble back into bed following a long dry spell after a powerful argument. Several other plotlines, on the other hand, remain unresolved.
- During the episode “Backslide,” Bernard Jr. comes out as gay, much to the delight of his family.
- This will undoubtedly impact the program in the future, as he navigates the world as an out homosexual guy.
- Regina has finally completed her GMAT exam, which indicates that her job adjustments will most certainly impact the narrative's progression.
- One of the most significant scenes in “Backslide” occurs in the film's last minutes, when a little girl comes to the Upshaws' doorway and says that Bennie is her father.
- It will be necessary to investigate if she was conceived during Regina and Bennie's hiatus and how long their break was when the program returned for a second season in the fall.
- Even if Netflix does not officially renew “The Upshaws” for the third season, the writers have established the show as one that will be around for a while.