Shweta Tiwari is an Indian actress who works mainly in Bollywood movies and shows. She became very popular when she played Prerna in the soap opera Kasautii Zindagii Kay, which aired for about eight years.
Shweta has also been on several reality shows, such as Bigg Boss 4 (2010–2011), Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur (2011), Nach Baliye 2 (2006), and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6 (2015).
Family & Birth
She was born in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, India, on October 4, 1980. As of 2022, she is 41 years old. Ashok Kumar Tiwari is her father's name, and Nirmala Tiwari is her mother's name. Nidhaan Tiwari is her only brother. She attended Mumbai at St. Isabels High School and got her diploma from Burhanis College in Mazegaon.'
Shweta has a Bachelor of Commerce degree. She started working for the first time when she was 12 years old. After she graduated, Shweta began to try out for TV shows. Shweta got a job at a travel agency and made 500 rupees (Rs.) each month.
Shweta Tiwari: Career
In 1999, Shweta made her first appearance on TV in the DD National show Kaleerein. She was on the TV show Kaahin Kissii Roz, and then she played the role of Prerna on Kasautii Zindagii Kay from 2001 to 2008. Ane Wala Pal, her second project for Doordarshan, aired on DD Metro in 2000.
Shweta got her start as an actress in 2004 with the movie Madhoshi. She played Sweety Ahluwalia in Parvarrish in 2013. She was in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Khichdi, and Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, the most popular TV shows.
She was in movies like Aabra Ka Daabra, Bin Bulaye Baraati, and Married 2 America. Shaadi Ki Home Delivery, Shararat, and Aaine Ke Sau Tukde all had Tiwari in them. She won Bigg Boss Season 4 in 2010 and 2011, as well as Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur in 2011.
Shweta has been on shows like Nach Baliye and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, which are based on real dance competitions. She had many roles on Comedy Nights with Kapil from 2013 to 2015.
Shweta Tiwari: Personal Life
In the year 1998, Shweta married Raja Choudhary, who is a Bhojpuri actor and director. The girl in the family is named Palak Tiwari. In 2006, they broke up, and in 2012, they divorced. Abhinav Kohli and Shweta were together for three years before getting married in 2013. In 2016, they were blessed with a boy, Reeyansh Kohli.
View this post on Instagram
|School||St Isabels High School, Mumbai|
|College||Burhanis College, Mazegaon, Mumbai|
- Dadasaheb Phalke Awards (2016 and 2021; Best Television Actress)
- Indian Telly Awards
- Indian Television Academy Awards (2003, 2006, 2012, 2015, 2021)
- Star Parivaar Awards (2003-08)
- Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards (2012)
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 5″ Feet|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies||Reading Books, Dancing, and Sketching|
Marital Status and More
|Marriage Date||December 23, 1998
July 13, 2013
|Controversies||• She complained to her former husband, Raja Choudhary, that he had assaulted and beaten her four times.|
Some Information About Shweta Tiwari
- Shweta Tiwari was born in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh, to a family of Hindus.
She won Bigg Boss 4 (2010–2011) and Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur (2012–2013). (2011).
- She became famous when she played the lead role of Prerana Bajaj on the TV show Kasautii Zindagii Kay on Star Plus, along with Cezanne Khan and Ronit Roy.
- For Kasautii Zindagii Kay, Shweta won the ITA Star Parivaar Award for Best Actress in Favorite Maa, Favorite Bahu, and Favorite Beti.
- Shweta featured on numerous popular television programs like Jaane Kya Baat Hui (2008-2009), Is Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao (2009), Baal Veer (2014), Begusarai (2015-2016), Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat (2002), Kumkum- Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan (2002).
- She likes dogs, and she has two of them: Pixie and Sweetoo.
- In 2021, she was on Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi 11, which was hosted by Rohit Shetty and was about stunts.