After the first season of Reacher proved to be a huge success for Amazon Prime Video, the streaming service announced that a second season would be coming soon. After a brief pause following Tom Cruise's portrayal of Jack Reacher, the series returned to television screens to bring the character back to life.
However, the displays are a little smaller this time because Reacher is now available as a Prime Video TV show. Despite this, Reacher is now more popular than ever, thanks to the addition of Alan Ritchson to the main cast.
While the Titans actor is only 6 feet 2 inches tall, he is closer to the character's formidable 6 foot 5 inches in the novels. He certainly puts that mass to good use in the first season of Reacher.
But what about the second season of Reacher? Was there a sequel planned for Amazon's Lee Child adaptation? Make sure you have your reading glasses ready because we'll be breaking down everything you need to know about Reacher season two on Amazon.
Reacher Quick Facts
|First episode date:||February 4, 2022|
|Executive producers:||Nick Santora, Christopher McQuarrie, David Ellison|
|Genres:||Action, Thriller, Crime film, Detective fiction|
|Reacher Season 1 Release Date:||February 4, 2022|
Reacher Season 2: Potential Release Date
- As previously stated, Prime Video officially announced a renewal for Reacher just three days after the premiere of season one, but we have yet to receive an official release date.
- As reported by Deadline, Reacher was in the top five most-watched series on Amazon in the United States and the rest of the world over 24 hours.
- It's also a popular choice among users, so the fact that it was renewed so quickly shouldn't come as much of a surprise.
- Because of the quick turnaround on the announcement, we expect new episodes to be released in early 2023, or possibly as early as summer 2023 if we're… reaching.
Reacher Season 2: Cast
Among the supporting characters in Reacher's season one were Malcolm Goodwin's Finley, Willa Fitzgerald's Roscoe, and Harvey Guillén's Jasper, in addition to Reacher himself, played by Ritchson.
However, given how the season finale ended (more on that in a moment), it appears that the only cast member who will be returning is Alan Ritchson. He plays Reacher himself, at least until some odd recasting shenanigans occur behind the scenes, which is quite unlikely.
When Reacher was renewed for a second season so quickly, Ritchson responded with the following statement on Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
- “Whoaaaaaa!!! This is just great! I'm completely dumbfounded, unlike Reacher, who chooses to say nothing. In our first weekend, you've helped make #ReacheronPrime one of the most-watched shows on @primevideo! That is completely ridiculous.
- “This program would not be as entertaining if it weren't for the many people who have contributed to its success.
- However, all of the creative creativity and unshakable passion on the part of everyone involved would be for naught if you weren't immersed in the world of Reacher. Thank you so much, thank you so much.”
- The possibility exists that Maxwell Jenkins will return as a Young Reacher in additional flashbacks in the future. Still, if he begins to age too quickly, the production team may decide to replace him for season two if they want to show more about Reacher's youth.
- (To be honest, now that the fundamentals have been established, it's unlikely — Lee Child doesn't provide Reacher with much more backstory than you've previously seen, except in the books set during his military service).
Undoubtedly, the young actor wishes to remain a part of the highly successful show. “With his Jack Reacher novels, Lee Child has built an extraordinary world,” Jenkins said in an interview with Pop Culturalist.
“I believe that Nick Santora and the authors, directors, and primary performers have done an excellent job of adapting it beautifully and authentically, and I think audiences love it. There's a good reason why these books are so well-liked.
“The stories are quite interesting. The characters are one-of-a-kind, and it is enjoyable to embark on a journey with them. I am honored to be even a small part of such a fantastic series, and I hope that I will have the opportunity to continue contributing to the Reacher saga in any way I can.”
Reacher Season 2: Plot
- Jack's search for the person who murdered his brother dominated the first season of Reacher, which concluded with a case that was essentially closed by the final episode.
- As soon as the mystery is discovered, Reacher resolves to split ways with Margrave to pursue new opportunities, despite Roscoe's wishes to stay. ‘If you happen to wander back, please call me,' she asks before handing Reacher a chocolate wrapper with her phone number inscribed.
- After saying his final goodbyes, Reacher enters a medal (which holds greatexcellentimental importance) on his brother's grave. Afterward, he wipes his tears as he embarks on a hitchhiking journey to greener pastures.
- Season one was based on Lee Child's first Jack Reacher novel, Killing Floor, and while there are three prequels from which season two could draw inspiration, most of the season two story will likely be based on Die Trying, Lee Child's second Jack Reacher novel. Season three will be based on Lee Child's third Jack Reacher novel, Killing Floor.
- The tale begins with a surprise kidnapping, which leads to the discovery of… We don't want to give anything away so we won't say anything. Just keep in mind that there's still plenty of source material for Reacher to examine in future seasons — in total, 26 novels to choose from.
- When asked by Radio Times which novel he would want to see adapted next, Child said, “I haven't read any of the books.”
- I've already written them. I never went back and reread them. I'm familiar with them because of their reputation or what other people have told me about them. Some are popular as well.
- Reacher's loneliness was alleviated by his relationships with other people that I found compelling in the first season, and I would like to see more of it in the future.” In that regard, two or three words stand out particularly well. “Perhaps one of them,” says the author.
When deciding where to take the program next, it looks like showrunner Nick Santora is spoiled for options. “It's a difficult situation. According to Santora, who spoke to TVLine, “there are 26 novels, and then there are short tale collections.”
“On top of that, our decision will require much consideration. Lee provides us with a plethora of options from which to pick. If season one was successful, do we want it to be comparable to season two because season one was also successful? Do you want to try something a little different?
In Lee Child's stories, tiny communities, huge cities… in the United States, and stories that take us to Europe are all put up… There is a myriad of options to choose from. The only thing left is for everyone to put their heads together, speak it out, and figure out what would be entertaining for fans…
“I'll say this: don't assume that we're going chronologically and don't assume that we're not going chronologically, either. “Because we don't know what we don't know right now.”
Reacher Season 2: Trailer
It's not a stretch to speculate that new Reacher season two footage will be released in the weeks of the season's premiere. Consequently, that will most likely occur in early 2023.