You are at the right place, and Here you will find information about Queen of the South Season 6.
A Bit About Queen of the South
M.A. Fortin and Joshua John Miller are the creators of the American crime drama television series Queen of the South. With 62 episodes broadcast on USA Network, the series premiered on June 23, 2016, and ended on June 9, 2021.
Quick Facts About Queen of the South
|Predecessor:||La Reina del Sur|
|Executive producer:||Lorenzo O'Brien|
|Based on:||La Reina del Sur; by Arturo Pérez-Reverte|
|Final episode date:||June 9, 2021|
|First episode date:||June 23, 2016|
|Writers:||Ryan O'Nan, Arturo Pérez-Reverte, Dailyn Rodriguez|
|Queen of the South Season 1 Release Date||June 23, 2016|
|Queen of the South Season 2 Release Date||June 8, 2017|
|Queen of the South Season 3 Release Date||June 21, 2018|
|Queen of the South Season 4 Release Date||June 6, 2019|
|Queen of the South Season 5 Release Date||April 7, 2021|
When Can We Expect Queen of the South Season 6 To Release?
On April 7, 2021, the USA Network premiered the fifth season of “Queen of the South,” which ran for ten episodes before ending on June 9, 2021. 38 to 45 minutes make up an episode.
- Queen of the South won't be returning for Queen of the South Season 6 in the sixth season.
- The showrunners announced in March of last year that the upcoming fifth season would be the series' final ever broadcast, which led to the decision to end the show.
- Furthermore, they did not explain this. This occurred because Queen of the South's plot was developed to a logical conclusion.
For the show's creators, handling the production of a complete five-season run was quite the journey.
Who Is In The Queen of the South Season 6 Cast
- Molly Burnett
- Alice Braga
- Hemi Madeira
- Pietro gadiot
- Veronica Falcon.
- Alfonso Herrera.
- Gerardo Tarasena.
- Justina Machado.
- Nick Sagar.
- David Andrews.
- Joaquim de Almeida.
- John-Michael Acker
Queen Of The South Season 6 Storyline
The Spanish soap opera La Reina del Sur, which in turn took its cues from the same-named book by Spanish author Arturo Perez-Reverte, served as the basis for the television series Queen of the South.
- The show's central character is Teresa Mendoza (played by Alice Braga), a young Mexican woman who would establish a sizable drug business and rise to prominence and wealth.
- Mendoza resides in the Culiacan district of the Mexican province of Sinaloa. She falls in love with a drug gang member while trying to escape her terrible situation.
- The news that Teresa's boyfriend is dead forces her to flee. She crosses the border into the United States and links up with someone from her past to stop the drug ring leader from pursuing her.
Mendoza eventually launches her own drug distribution business, which makes her extremely wealthy. But this presents her with a whole new set of difficulties.
Queen of the South: Where to Watch?
The episodes of Queen of the South may be found on Netflix, so you can head there to watch them.
A top-rated streaming service is Netflix. The seasons are available through Apple T.V., Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, Vudu, and Microsoft Store.
Additionally, if you live in the U.K., you can get the series on Chili, Apple T.V., Google Play, and Amazon Prime Video.
Queen of the South Season 6 Canceled!
Queen of the South is available on Netflix for a bigger audience than when it aired on USA Network.
- New viewers will be disappointed. The fifth season was canceled in March 2021.
- The 62-episode series ended in the USA on June 9, 2021.
- Queen of the South was canceled as NBCUniversal cut the original scripted series for USA Network.
- The company's new approach is to generate reality shows for the USA and scripted shows for Peacock.
- Universal Content Productions of NBCUniversal and Disney's 20th Television produced the series.
- Frances Berwick, NBCU Chairman of Entertainment Networks, told The Hollywood Reporter in March 2021 that Queen of the South had enthralled her for five seasons.
- “This series pushed genre boundaries, and we're grateful to have worked with its creators, cast, and crew, as well as 20th T.V. and UCP.
- We look forward to a beautiful season and a finale that gives our fans the closure they deserve.”
- Executive producers Dailyn Rodriguez, Ben Lobato, and David Friendly were given a chance to script the show's end.
- Queen of the South was filmed in Mexico City, Malta, Colombia, and New Orleans, according to the producers.
- “Our supporters can't wait for the last season. Alice Braga, who played our Queen, made this production possible.”
- Queen of the South was based on the Netflix opera La Reina del Sur by Arturo Perez-Reverte.
- Alice Braga played Teresa Mendoza, who departed Mexico after her boyfriend was killed.
- She joins a criminal group in the U.S. and is hunted by a cartel leader's wife. Braga, who appeared in The Suicide Squad, also produced.
Peter Gadiot, Veronica Falcon, Hemky Madera, Joaquin de Almeida, Justina Machado, Molly Burnett, Gerardo Taracena, Jon-Michael Ecker, Nick Sagar, Yancey Arias, Alfonso Herrera, and David Andrews also starred.