Pretty Smart is Netflix's latest sitcom in the style of a broadcast network, and it will release in early October 2021, according to the company.
It's filmed on a standard living room set, and its straightforward jokes are made much more amusing by using an in-show laugh track.
Following the breakup of her relationship with her partner, Chelsea (Emily Osment), a sophisticated, Harvard-educated aspiring novelist, moves in with her sister Claire (Olivia Macklin) in Los Angeles to start a new life.
Christine (Claire) is a cheerful, carefree waitress who is as attractive as she is unintelligent. Chelsea and Claire are opposed to one another.
Their friendship has been strained since Chelsea has a negative attitude toward Claire because she believes Claire is less intelligent than she is.
Of course, as they become more accustomed to living together, they become closer again. In addition, Chelsea becomes closer to Claire's roommates, including Jayden (Michael Hsu Rosen), a social media influencer, Solana (Cinthya Carmona), a former lawyer turned New Age healer, and Grant (Gregg Sulkin), Claire's hunky ex-boyfriend who also happens to be Chelsea's co-worker at a gym called Build.
Season 1 of “Pretty Smart” is a light, entertaining comedy starring a pair of former Disney Channel stars who are now on their own (Osment and Sulkin).
Here's everything we know — or are willing to speculate — about the possibility of a Season 2 of The Walking Dead.
Pretty Smart Quick Facts
|First episode date:||October 8, 2021|
|Program creators:||Doug Mand, Jack Dolgen|
|Final episode date:||October 8, 2021|
Is a Date for the Premiere of Pretty Smart Season 2?
As of late January 2022, Netflix had not yet decided whether or not to renew “Pretty Smart” for a second season.
- The result is that neither a release date for the newcomer sitcom series nor any reasonable guesstimation as to when work on Season 2 will begin can be shared with die-hard fans of the show.
- We can also confirm that the next batch of episodes that Netflix could potentially serve up would be a second season rather than the show's second half.
- All ten half-hour episodes of the first season of “Pretty Smart” were recorded at Sunset Bronson Studios in Los Angeles, California, where the show was created.
- Seasons are sometimes divided into “parts,” with the first and second half of a season released a few months apart.
- That doesn't appear to be the case with “Pretty Smart,” which is listed on Netflix as “Season 1” rather than “Part 1,” as the title suggests.
- If Netflix decides to renew “Pretty Smart,” we should be able to find out how many episodes will be produced and when they will be released.
What Actors and Actresses Will Appear in Pretty Smart Season 2?
- Because there has been no announcement of a Season 2 renewal, it is uncertain which members of the “Pretty Smart” cast will return for the second season.
- However, since there were no dramatic exits or fatalities in the Season 1 conclusion, fans can reasonably anticipate that the same cast from Season 1 will return.
- Emily Osment, Gregg Sulkin, Olivia Macklin, Michael Hsu Rosen, and Cinthya Carmona are the actors in the film.
- And perhaps some of the recurring and guest cast members, such as Kevin Miles –– better known as Jake from State Farm –– as Dave, Claire's ex-boyfriend, as well as Geoff Ross as Howard, the manager of the restaurant where Claire works, and Ming-Na Wen as Jasmine, Jayden's mother, would return as well.
- Some people who worked behind the scenes are expected to return as well. In addition to being the show's creators and executive producers, Jack Dolgen and Doug Mand have previously collaborated on the show “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.”
- Others who have contributed to the development of the show include Kourtney Kang, a former “How I Met Your Mother” cast member and “Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.” showrunner, and Pamela Fryman, who directed three episodes of “Pretty Smart,” including the pilot, as well as the majority of “How I Met Your Mother.”
- Season 9 of Homeland: Is There Going to Be Another Season?
- Made in Heaven Season 2 Release Date | Cast | Where To Watch It?
- My Life is Murders Season 3: Plot, Cast, Release Date, And Much More!
How Does Pretty Smart Season 2 Differ From the First Season's Plot?
The first season of “Pretty Smart” concluded on a cliffhanger, with Claire (Olivia Macklin) breaking up with Dave (Kevin Miles) and then kissing Grant (Grant Garfield) (Gregg Sulkin).
- It is only a split second before Chelsea (Emily Osment) walks into the room to inform her sister that she needs to speak with her about wanting to pursue a relationship with Grant because they want to ensure Claire is comfortable with it first.
- What exactly is going to happen in this complicated love triangle? This is likely the most critical issue that will need to be solved when Season 2 resumes its broadcast.
- Osment admitted to Entertainment Tonight that he had no idea what would happen in Season 2. “As a result, I'm quite excited to watch.”
- Sulkin also admitted that he was unsure of which sister Grant should be within Season 2. “There's a real charming naivety between Grant and Claire, and on the other hand, there's a great type of evolution and maturation between Grant and Chelsea,” says the director.
- Chelsea has taught Grant a great deal… Because both Olivia and Emily are such a pleasure to work with, I'm confident that whatever the authors decide, I'll be satisfied with either.”
- It should be noted that Michael Hsu Rosen and Cinthya Carmona have both stated on Entertainment Tonight that they are pulling for Grant and Chelsea to get together.
However, there will undoubtedly be some family conflict in Season 2 before we get to that point.