Persona 5 REDEFINED the role-playing game for the current age. It is the most significant comeback of “old school” role-playing games, combining flashy visuals with in-depth gameplay in new ways.
Isn't it true that Persona 6 is unavoidable? With Persona 5, the series gained new fans, assisting in the franchise's achievement of a real sales milestone of 15 million copies worldwide.
Even though Persona 5 games such as Royal and Strikers contributed more than 3 million sales to the total, it's difficult not to worry about what comes next.
Is it still in the early stages of development? More importantly, when do you think it will be available? Here's what we know thus far about the situation.
Persona Quick Facts
|Genre(s):||Role-playing, social simulation, fighting|
|Parent series:||Megami Tensei|
Shigenori Soejima, Katsura Hashino, Toshimichi Mori, Naoya Maeda
Atlus, Arc System Works, P Studio, Omega Force, iXIT Corporation, PREAPP PARTNERS
|Publishers:||Atlus, Sega, Arc System Works, Ubisoft|
|Persona 1 Release Date:||September 20, 1996|
|Persona 2 Release Date:||June 24, 1999|
|Persona 3 Release Date:||July 13, 2006|
|Persona 4 Release Date:||July 10, 2008|
|Persona 5 Release Date:||September 15, 2016|
|Persona 6 Release Date:||Could Release Before 2022 According to Omggamer|
Is Persona 6 Even Confirmed?
The one sure thing is that Atlus intends to release Persona 6 at some time in the future. We don't know when it will happen.
Company representatives informed Japanese gaming publication Dengeki PlayStation in October that they were working on a “mid-to-long-term plan,” which would include new numbered entries, to ensure that fans could continue to enjoy the Persona series.
While Persona 6 is a foregone conclusion, it is expected to be drastically different from its contemporary predecessors.
Individuals such as Katsura Hoshino, Shigenori Soejima, Yuichiro Tanaka, and Shoji Meguro were instrumental in the development of Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 5.
- Following the completion of Persona 5 development, the quartet gathered additional members of the Persona team and formed the studio Lab Zero.
- It continues to work on Project Re: Fantasy even though it is still a part of the Atlus gaming company. They will likely not be contributing to the next mainline Persona game.
- The business's Daiki Ito (a director on the Persona franchise team) stated in December 2019 that there were voices within the company that wanted to do something different.
- ‘They're all working extremely hard together as a team, especially with the youthful staff members at the center, so he requests that you please look forward to it in the future,' adds Ito while speaking about the Persona team.
- It appears like Persona 6 will mark a new beginning for the franchise. It may not have had any involvement from the previous crew, which means it's been in development for a while.
- The Persona franchise will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2021. Altus released the first teaser trailer for Persona 6 in July of 2021. To commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Persona franchise, the firm distributed merchandise related to the series.
- Pictures of the main Persona game covers and protagonists were included in this package of goodies. Some goodies were hidden behind a “secret” sign, making it difficult to find them.
Given the circumstances, it is reasonable to believe that these impediments are intended to tease Persona 6.
Does Persona 6 Have a Trailer?
Yes, check it out.
Will Persona 6 Feature a Female Lead?
- Since the release of Persona 3 Portable on the PSP, which included the option to play the game as a girl and romance all of the boys, fans have hoped that the series will follow up with a similar experience.
- Even though a loud community of Persona fans adores the idea of a female main character, Atlus appears to have shifted away from this approach in its most recent game expansions.
- A second playable character being introduced to Persona 6 would be somewhat surprising, but anything is possible in the world of games.
Persona 6 Plot
Because Atlus appears to be concentrating on the P5 family of products at this time, no information about the plot or characters of Persona 6 has been made public thus far.
We may draw upon some distinguishing franchise characteristics and broad principles.
Persona 6 will undoubtedly take place in Japan and feature many high school kids. Your silent protagonist will be a new transfer student with a secret backstory that everyone in the community is drawn to strangely and compellingly.
By night, you'll have bizarre nightmares about frightening people in the Velvet Room, and you'll have to kill monsters in an alternate reality that you've created for yourself. You'll meet people who are way cuter and more relaxed than most individuals you've encountered thus far.