The word “Elysium” conjures up images of either the bizarre sci-fi film starring Matt Damon or the Greek legendary paradise where all fallen heroes are said to spend their afterlives. What you aren't thinking of are demon-infested temples, volcanic foundries, and ancient shipwrecks, to name a few things.
It's this latter version of Elysium that serves as the scenario for Perish, a new four-player cooperative shooter from German developer Item 42 and the HandyGames studio.
Exiting purgatory is accomplished through the destruction of demons, followed by the sale of their “golden-stained corpses” to “exsiccated priests in exchange for increasingly powerful melee and firearms.” If you die, all of your progress and upgrades will be lost.
What is Perish?
PERISH is a gorgeous four-player first-person shooter with a heavy burden to carry. Purgatory is a hellish place where you can slaughter endless hordes of demons and sell their gold-stained bodies to greedy priests.
Destroy gorgeous bosses and use the money earned from their deaths to win access to Elysium, a land of cosmic revelations.
You are Amyetri, a physical ghost who has been sentenced to a shadow life in the midway realm of Purgatory because of your sins. By commencing the Rites of Orpheus, you can put an end to your misery and overcome the chthonic deities who rule over your contentious journey to Elysium.
“Create a gold-strewn path through the underworld, all the way to Elysium, and use cold steel to defeat the denizens of the realms of hell.”
The spinning barrels of your otherworldly pieces of portable weaponry will spew molten golden bolts from their muzzles. Assemble the golden Danake and comply with all of the requirements set out by the Priests of Purgatory in order to earn your redemption!”
What are the features of Perish?
- Campaign for 1 to 4 players that takes place across crumbling temples, volcanic foundries, and ancient shipwrecks in an online co-op environment
- A series of epic boss battles against huge deities from ancient Greek mythology, some of them are rare and unheard of.
- More than a dozen handcrafted and decorative javelins, swords, arrows, and firearms, each with its own unique and upgradeable offensive capabilities, are available for purchase in the game.
- Gratuitous, cruel, gold-soaked ranged and melee combat against opponents with diverse fighting behaviors is the order of the day.
- Morbid gladiators: your enemies in PERISH are unforgiving, and as you progress farther within Purgatory, you will encounter a plethora of adversaries who are inspired by Ancient Rome.
- Greek, Roman, and Christian myths are all represented.
- Support after the game's release includes free upgrades to the PERISH universe, which include bizarre new foes and even crazier weaponry to use in battle.
Is there a trailer for Perish?
That’s All About Perish. Stay Tuned For More Updates And Bookmark Our Site For More News. Thank You For Reading!