Patti LuPone Net Worth: Patti Ann LuPone is an actress and singer from the United States who is best recognized for her work in the musical theatre.
She was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame in 2006 and has received three Tony Awards, two Olivier Awards, and two Grammy Awards.
- Born: April 21, 1949 (age 73 years), Northport, NY
- Spouse: Matthew Johnston (m. 1988)
- Record labels: Nonesuch Records Inc., Philips Classics Records
- Children: Joshua Luke Johnston
- Awards: Tony Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Featured Role in a Musical
- Parents: Orlando Joseph LuPone, Angela Louise Lupone
She began touring with John Houseman’s famed The Acting Company shortly after graduating from college.
After that, she made her Broadway debut in 1973 with “The Three Sisters.”
She won her first Tony nomination for her performance in “The Robber Bridegroom” two years later.
In 1979, she received a Tony Award for her critically praised performance in “Evita.”
She went on to have a long and illustrious career in the theatre, receiving countless nominations and accolades, including another Tony, two Olivier Awards, and two Grammy Awards, in addition to her Tony.
She has also appeared in several cinema and television projects.
Patti LuPone Early Life
LuPone was born in Northport, New York, on April 21, 1949.
LuPone has had a passion for music since she was a child.
Her passion for musical opera sprang from the fact that her great-great Aunt was already an opera singer.
She was a member of Juilliard’s Drama Division during her first graduations, where she met Kevin Kline and David Ogden Stiers.
In 1972, she earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Juilliard.
Patti LuPone Dialogue
I’ll tell you what I think about those who aren’t trained and want to make their Broadway debut; theatre actors.
- Don’t they realize that Broadway isn’t for the faint of heart? It’s a difficult job. You’re accountable for eight concerts a week; physically, psychologically, and emotionally; and you’re at the top of your game. It’s not a simple task.
- I adore what I do, and I adore the audience, and I adore the fact that I get to do it, and I adore; I adore our art, which is a wonderful one.
- We owe it to it, to the audience, to the playwright, and the message. I’m not going to be careless.
- Let me begin by stating that I received my education at Juilliard. I hold myself to a very high standard.
- Because people pay a lot of money for tickets, I expect everyone around me to work just as hard. They expect the best from us.
As actors, we are nothing more than messengers. We are nothing more than that. Correct? Through the director’s concept, we are delivering the playwright’s intention. And then I go on stage, and if I’m comfortable in the part, I give it away.
- Paul Anderson Net Worth 2022: Who Is Paul Anderson Married to?
- Ozzy Osbourne Net Worth 2022: What Is Ozzy Illness?
- Christina Aguilera Net Worth 2022: Why Is Aguilera Not Married?
At the 2022 Tony Awards; Patti Lupone Pays Tribute to Broadway Understudies and Covid Safety Officers
LuPone has won three Tony Awards, including best actress in a musical for her appearances in Evita (1980) and Gypsy (1986).
Patti LuPone is a Tony Award winner three times over!
- The 73-year-old actress and singer won the Tony Award for best performance by an actress in a featured role in a musical for her work as Joanne in Company at the 75th Tony Awards on Sunday.
- LuPone began her impassioned acceptance speech by thanking the crowd before expressing her gratitude to her coworkers, whom she described as a “privilege to work with every night.”
- He continued to applaud behind-the-scenes workers by praising “all of the understudies throughout all of the stages in New York, as well as all of the COVID safety people” – two groups who helped bring Broadway back after an 18-month hiatus due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- LuPone has received three Tony Awards, including best actress in a musical for her appearances in Evita (1980) and Gypsy (1986). (2008).
- Among her two triumphs, this is LuPone’s eighth career nomination for theater’s highest accolade.
Nine Tony Awards are up for grabs, including one for outstanding musical revival. The production, directed by Marianne Elliott, who also won on Sunday night, has received praise for its gender-bending take on George Furth’s story, which for the first time casts a woman (Tony winner Katrina Lenk) in the starring role of Bobbie.
Patti LuPone Net Worth
LuPone is an American actress and singer with an estimated net worth of 8 million dollars.
Patti LuPone was born in Northport, New York, and attended the Juilliard School of Music.
She was a member of the first graduating class from the prestigious Drama Division.