Tea is one of the drinks that makes you feel the coolest. Even though a cup of tea has less caffeine than a cup of coffee, it is still the most popular drink in both developed and developing countries. The scientific name for the tea plant is Camellia Sinensis.
Its leaves are used to make a cup of tea. The leaves and buds of this plant are used to make all kinds of tea. Even though there isn't much proof that people drank tea before the British setup colonies in different parts of the world, tea is still a popular drink today.
Since it comes from India (South India, Assam, and West Bengal), Sri Lanka, China, and Japan, one can only guess that the drink or at least the tea leaves were used in other parts of the world.
Other historical facts also show that growing tea plants, picking the leaves and buds, processing the leaves, and then making a cup of tea all started in China. In the end, it's safe to say that tea is an interesting drink, especially when you think about its history and how it's spread around the world.
There are many places in the world that make and sell tea leaves and tea bags. So, if you like tea, you might be wondering, as of 2022, which company makes the best tea leaves and other products that are popular around the world. Here is a list of some of the best-selling tea brands in the world in 2022, to quench your thirst for knowledge.
1. TeaCurry Tea
Teacurry is a high-quality Indian tea business. It was called The Packaging Center in the past. In 1994, it was set up. Grey Mantra Solutions is its parent company. It is one of those companies that has started a tea revolution in India.
The company started by making India's traditional types of tea leaves more well-known. They did this not only in their own country but also chose to show the rest of the world the different kinds of tea that India has to offer. They sell high-quality items at prices that are fair.
- Establishment Year and History – 1994
- Owners – Grey Mantra Solutions
- Headquarters: B7, First Floor, Sector 2, Near 15 Metro Station, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida-201301, Uttar Pradesh, India
- Price Range – INR 180 – 599
2. Twinings Green Tea
Thomas Twining, who lived in Painswick, Gloucestershire, England, in the year 1706, was the first person to start Twinings. In 1706, he opened his shop at No. 216 Strand in London.
The store is still open and running. The brand's logo hasn't changed since it was first registered in 1706. This makes it one of the oldest logos in the world.
- Establishment Year and History – 1706
- Owners – Associated British Foods
- HQ Address: Its main office is in India at 514, 5th Floor, Bestech Chambers, Block-B, Sushant Lok- Phase-1, Sector-27, Gurgaon – 122002, Haryana
- A listing on Amazon says that the prices range from INR 190 to INR 1550.
3. Lipton Tea
Lipton is a brand of British tea. The company Unilever owns it. Sir Thomas Lipton came up with the idea for the company. The brand sells both green tea leaves and Darjeeling tea leaves, as well as drinks that are already made.
Lipton sells green tea leaves, Darjeeling tea leaves, and iced tea in India. Hindustan Unilever Limited owns it. Lipton gets the Darjeeling tea leaves it sells in India from certified tea estates. This makes sure that you will always be able to make the best cup of tea. Lipton and HUL
- Establishment Year and History – 1890
- Owners – Unilever and PepsiCo
- HQ Address – 5/3, Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi, Delhi…
- The price range on Flipkart is between INR 135 and INR 700.
4. Yogi Tea
Harbhajan Singh Khalsa came up with the idea for Yogi Tea. In 1984, he started the company that makes it. It used to be based in LA, US, but in 1992, it moved its headquarters to Eugene, OR, US.
Both North America and Europe are big markets for the brand. Its factory is in Springfield, Oregon, and its corporate headquarters are in Portland, Oregon. It is called East West Tea Company LLC on paper.
In Europe, the company makes its products at a factory in Imola, Italy. This factory has been open since 2001 and is run by a local company called TeaPak. It also has a branch called Yogi Tea Gmbh in Germany. (Wikipedia is the source)
- Establishment Year and History – 1984
- Mother Company – Harbhajan Singh Khalsa
- HQ Address – 121 SW Morrison Street Suite 925 Portland, OR 97204 USA
- Based on the Amazon product page, prices range from INR 200 to INR 900.
5. Bigelow Tea
Bigelow Tea Company, Inc., which used to be called R.C. Bigelow, has its headquarters in Fairfield, Connecticut. Ruth Campbell Bigelow came up with the idea for the company, which began in 1945. The company makes and sells more than 50 different kinds of tea.
It has plants in, The Charleston Tea Garden in South Carolina, and they own it. There is no other tea garden in the area. (Wikipedia is the source)
- Establishment Year and History – 1945
- Mother Company – Ruth Campbell Bigelow
- Headquarters are at 201 Black Rock Turnpike, Fairfield, CT 06825, USA
- According to the official Amazon listing, tea bags cost between Rs. 1,100 and Rs. 5,400.