Mike Tyson Net Worth: Michael Gerard Tyson was a professional boxer in the United States from 1985 through 2005.
Tyson is regarded as one of the best heavyweight boxers of all time, having earned the nicknames “Iron Mike” and “Kid Dynamite” early in his career and eventually becoming renowned as “The Baddest Man on the Planet.”
- Born: June 30, 1966 (age 55 years), Fort Greene, New York, NY
- Height: 5′ 10″
- Children: Miguel Leon Tyson, Exodus Tyson, Rayna Tyson, Mikey Lorna Tyson, Amir Tyson, Milan Tyson, Morocco Tyson
- Spouse: Lakisha Spicer (m. 2009), Monica Turner (m. 1997–2003), Robin Givens (m. 1988–1989)
- Parents: Jimmy Kirkpatrick, Lorna Smith
- Siblings: Rodney Tyson, Jimmie Lee Kirkpatrick, Denise Tyson
Mike Tyson Early Life
Mike Tyson was born in Brooklyn on June 30, 1966.
- His sister died at 24 after a heart attack.
- Mike saw Jimmy Kirkpatrick as his father despite Purcell Tyson being his real father.
- Kirkpatrick was one of Grier Town's best baseball players.
- He was a gambler who hung out in expected places.
- Tyson's mother died when he was 16; Kirkpatrick abandoned the family.
- Cus D'Amato took care of him.
- Tyson grew up in high-crime areas.
- In an interview, he said his first fight was with a bigger boy who stole one of his pigeons.
- Tyson got 38 arrests by age 13 for committing crimes.
He attended Tryon School for Boys in Johnstown and dropped out.
Mike Tyson Career
Tyson turned pro at age 18. Before that, he was a Junior Olympics amateur.
- After 26 of his first 28 fights via KO or TKO, he became champion swiftly.
- Tyson was once considered invincible. Before Buster Douglas.
- You've surely heard Douglas' story about his mother dying before the fight after saying he'd beat Mike Tyson.
- Douglas lasted longer than anyone else with Tyson and saw that he lost energy and stamina after 5 or 6 rounds.
- Tyson was the first and only heavyweight to simultaneously hold the WBA, WBC, and IBF belts.
- He's still one of the greatest boxers ever.
- His reputation was severely damaged by a 6-year prison sentence for rape. His prison comeback was short-lived.
- Once, Mike Tyson had $300 million.
- Mike Tyson's net worth is $3 million after spending money and suffering from his activities.
Jacked Gorilla features Mike Tyson's workout.
What Does Mike Tyson Do With the Money He Makes?
Mike Tyson is arguably one of the top-15 heavyweight boxers to ever compete in a gladiatorial fight, but he's far higher in terms of pound-for-pound spectacular spending.
- He had a reputed $300 million in the bank when he was released from prison in 1995 after serving four years, easing his transition back into normal life.
- Mike purchased a Connecticut estate with a 21-bedroom/24-bathroom mansion and an on-site casino and nightclub.
- He also bought mansions in Maryland, Las Vegas, and Ohio, complete with gold-plated furniture and a basketball court.
Tyson's car collection included Ferraris, Lamborghinis, a Range Rover, a Mercedes-Benz 500, and a 1995 Rolls-Royce.
Mike Tyson Mega Mansions
Mike Tyson, like many other professional boxers, may have made unwise financial decisions as a result of gaining a taste for the finer things in life.
- Tyson was ready for a change after living in the seedier neighborhoods of Brooklyn.
- Tyson once owned a home in Ohio, which he was forced to sell for $855, 000 in 1999.
- It had crystal chandeliers, a tiger enclosure, a full-size pool, five bedrooms, and a basketball court when he first moved there.
- The property's most recent owner has converted the mansion into a church.
- The crystal chandeliers were removed, and the tiger enclosure was replaced with a picnic pavilion.
- Tyson had to sell his 52-room Connecticut estate after he declared bankruptcy in 2003.
- There were 21 bedrooms, 25 bathrooms, a private nightclub, an indoor pool and hot tub, an indoor basketball court, a recording studio, a green-screen room, and various game rooms in the 50,000-square-foot property.
- The property is maintained at a monthly cost of $55,350.
- Even though 50-Cent bought the beautiful property, he had to sell it since it was too costly to maintain.
- Mike Tyson and Monica Turner bought a house in Maryland in 1995, around 30 minutes from Washington, D.C.
- There were seven bedrooms in the house, as well as a game room, a piano room, a high-end gym, a swimming pool, and a multifunctional sports court.
- When Tyson and Turner divorced, Turner alleged that the boxer had cheated on her, and Tyson lost the house.
The mansion was just listed for $8.5 million on the market.
Mike Tyson's Net Worth
Tyson is a retired American boxer who, in the late 1980s, was the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.
He has a net worth of $10 million as of this writing.
- Mike was one of the most famous and well-paid athletes in the world during his prime.
- At the age of 20, he was the world's youngest champion.
- Regrettably, he squandered and/or was created out of a personal wealth that peaked at $300 million.
- In 2003, Mike declared bankruptcy. He was reported $23 million in debt at the time of the bankruptcy filing.
- Mike Tyson earned at least $430 million in purses and endorsements during his career or nearly $700 million after inflation.
- He was dubbed “The Hardest Hitter in Heavyweight History” by ESPN, and “the most fierce fighter to ever step into a professional ring” by Sky Sports.
Despite his talent as a boxer, Tyson's reputation was tainted by controversy both in and out of the ring.