Matt Cameron Net Worth: Matt Cameron is a musician from the United States with a net worth of $70 million.
Matt Cameron was born in November 1962 in San Diego, California.
He is well recognized for his work as the drummer for Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.
Before joining Soundgarden in 1986, Cameron played with Seattle bands Bam Bam and Skin Yard.
Cameron was a member of the band until it disbanded in 1997. In 1998, he was invited to join Pearl Jam on tour and eventually became a permanent member.
In 2010, he reconnected with Soundgarden, and he was also a member of the supergroup Temple of the Dog.
Cameron was the drummer and main singer for the Wellwater Conspiracy side projects Hater and Wellwater Conspiracy.
Queens of the Stone Age, The Prodigy, The Smashing Pumpkins, Our Lady Peace, and Peter Frampton are among his collaborators.
Did Matt Cameron Apologize to Speak Against Hawkins?
Friends and colleagues of the late drummer Taylor Hawkins gave interviews for a new Rolling Stone article about his last months.
Hawkins is quoted as privately expressing dissatisfaction with Foo Fighters' heavy tour schedule.
What Did the Band Say?
Representatives for the band refuted these claims.
Matt Cameron of Pearl Jam and Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, who were among the sources discussing Hawkins' final private discussions, have issued statements today expressing regret to Hawkins' bandmates and family.
- They also took a stand against the article.
- “I imagined it would be a celebration of Taylor's life and work when I agreed to take part in the Rolling Stone piece on him,” Matt Cameron said in a statement.
- “My quotes were taken out of context and twisted into a story I didn't intend to tell.”
- Taylor was a close buddy and a gifted musician. I'm missing him. Taylor, Dave, and the Foo Fighters' families have my undying love and admiration.
- I am deeply sorry for participating in this interview, and I regret if my involvement caused harm to anyone for whom I have nothing but admiration and respect.”
- Chad Smith commented, “Taylor was one of my best friends, and I would do anything for his family.”
- “Rolling Stone requested me to share some memories of our time, which I thought would be a wonderful tribute to him.
- Instead, the piece they wrote was sensationalized and deceptive, and I would not have consented to participate if I had known.
- I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused his family and musical friends. Every day, I miss Taylor.”
- Hawkins' evident discomfort and concerns about the Foo Fighters' touring schedule in his final months were highlighted by two of four people in the article.
The identity of a third source was withheld, and the fourth was singer Sass Jordan, who shared a link to the article on her public Facebook page this morning.
Matt Cameron Biography
Matt Cameron is an American drummer, songwriter, and musician who was born and raised in San Diego, California.
- He rose to prominence as the drummer for the Seattle rock band ‘Soundgarden,' which he joined in 1986.
- Matt is currently the drummer for Pearl Jam, an American rock band.
- He collaborated with a variety of other bands and projects, including Temple of the Dog, Wellwater Conspiracy, Smashing Pumpkins, and Skin Yard.
Matt has received numerous honors and nominations, including winning ‘Grammy Awards,' earning an MTV Video Music Award and a Clio Award for the music video for “Black Hole Sun,” nominated for a ‘Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance in 1992, and nominated for a ‘Golden Globe Award' in 2004.
Matt Cameron Age
Cameron was born on November 28, 1962, in San Diego, California, United States of America, and is 58 years old as of 2020.
Every year on November 28th, he celebrates his birthday, and his zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is Matt Cameron's Wife?
On October 25, 1997, Cameron married April Aceves.
Ray (born October 25, 1998) and Josie, their two children, live with them in Woodway, Washington.
Cameron is an ardent runner in addition to his music profession.
Is Drummer Matt Cameron Any Good?
His drumming slithers through Soundgarden's odd-metered rhythms and even odder melodic phrases; while his teammates explore strange tunings and unconventional harmonies in some of the greatest rock of the previous 30 years. Matt Cameron is a consummate tastemaker.
How Much Money Did Chris Cornell Have When He Died?
Chris Cornell's net worth was estimated to be around $60 million at the time of his death.