Kenan Thompson is an Atlanta-based actor and comedian known for his comedic performances.
After surpassing Darrell Hammond in terms of length of time on the program, Thompson has been a cast member of NBC's sketch comedy series “Saturday Night Live” since 2003. Thompson, the show's longest-serving cast member, joined the show in 2003.
Kenan Thompson's Early Life
Kenan Thompson was born on the 10th of May in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1978.
Thompson's parents, Fletcher Thompson and Elizabeth Ann Thompson, are his biological parents. He has two younger brothers and sisters.
He went to Tri-Cities High School and then Santa Monica College in California, where he received his education. Thompson tied the knot with Christina Evangeline, whom he had seen for a decade, in 2011.
Kenan Thompson Career
Thompson first debuted on the big screen in the 1994 film D2: The Mighty Ducks, which Tim Burton directed.
- Additionally, he was cast in the same year's comedy series titled ‘All That's. As a result of his performance on the Steve Harvey Show, he appeared in the Nickelodeon sitcom “Kenan & Kel.”
- Then, between 2001 and 2003, he worked on several television and film projects, including ‘Felicity,' ‘Off Centre,' ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog,' ‘Hamburger,' ‘Big Fat Liar,' ‘Love Don't Cost a Thing,' ‘Love Don't Cost a Thing,' and ‘My Boss's Daughter.'
- In the film ‘The Smurfs,' he provided the voice for one of the smurf characters. As a result, he was cast in the 2012 film ‘The Magic of Belle Isle.'
- One year later, he appeared as a voice actor in the television series ‘The Awesomes.' In 2016, the American actor appeared as a guest star in the Netflix series ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.'
- In the same year, he also provided the voice for the film ‘Rock Dog.' Thompson has also been cast in the television series ‘Maya & Marty.'
He even had an appearance in the film ‘Brother Nature.' He appeared in the movie ‘Going in Style, ‘ released in 2017.
Famous Quotes from Kenan Thompson
“I got good at trying to throw a voice on a character from the very beginning as opposed to like reading it and sitting with it and mulling over it, and stuff like that just try to read what it is and then try to put a funny voice to it like as soon as possible and stuff like that.”
- “You try to go with something familiar to people; that way, they can jump on board with what you're trying to do.
- I only mimic people with exciting voices because it's hard to mimic like someone who regularly talks like me like there's nothing fun about that.”
“I don't know if people know when you shoot a TV show like you're family, and it works because it seems real to everybody, even to us. We were all so very close.”
Kenan Thompson's Net Worth
Kenan Thompson is an American voice actor, comedian, and actor with a net worth of $13 million.
- Thompson is most recognized for his work on “Saturday Night Live,” a sketch comedy program.
- He has been a part of this enduring series for the longest time. Kenan initially rose to fame in the early 1990s after beginning his acting career by appearing in the sketch comedy program “All That.”
- Before making his debut on “SNL,” he previously co-starred in his sitcom with Kel Mitchell.
In addition to his work on television, Thompson is well-known for movies like “The Mighty Ducks,” “Good Burger,” and “Fat Albert.” He received a Primetime Emmy Award for his contributions to “SNL.”