Karol G's early life began on the 14th of February, 1991, in Medellin, Colombia, where she was born, Carolina Giraldo Navarro.
Growing up in Medelln with her family, she discovered her love for music at the age of five, when she was accompanied by her mother.
She maintains a high level of privacy regarding her personal life and has not revealed any details about her singing or her family.
She received her high school diploma from the Calasanz School, Colegio Calasanz Medelln, and then went on to study music at the University of Antioquia, Medellin, where she is currently enrolled.
At the age of 14, Karol G competed in the Colombian version of the television music competition show The X Factor, which was titled The X Factor Colombia.
Her outstanding performance on the show attracted the interest of various record labels, and she ultimately got a deal with Flamingo Records in 2011.
Karol G Career
Despite starting her music career at a young age, Karol decided to take her love more seriously in 2014 and relocated to New York City to acquire a deal with Universal Music Latino's prominent label.
- However, she was turned down for the contract. After that, she decided to pursue her music career independently and began traveling around the country to attend various college concerts and parties.
- She released a song titled Ricos Besos, which became a smash in her home country of Columbia.
- Karol ultimately earned a deal with Universal Music Latino Entertainment in 2016 and has since released multiple singles, including Casi Nada and Hello ft.
- Ozuna, Marco de Lego, and other tracks, among others. At the beginning of 2017, she was appointed as a judge on the reality talent series Pequeos Gigantes USA.
- When Karol G teamed up with Puerto Rican trap singer Bad Bunny, she was able to record her breakout smash single Ahora Me Llama, which served as the lead single from her first album and was a huge success, reaching #10 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart, as well as several other hits. The song's music video has received more than 930 views on YouTube.
- With Universal Music Latin, Karol released her debut studio album Unstoppable in October 2017, marking the beginning of her musical career.
- Featuring artists like Bad Bunny and Ozuna, the album was a significant success, reaching number 2 on the Billboard Latin llumber192 on the Billboard 200 chart in the United States.
- In May 2018, she collaborated with J Balvin and Nicky Jam to release another commercially successful single, Mi Cama, which peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart.
- Karol G's hit track Secreto, which featured her partner Anuel AA, was released towards the end of 2018.
- The song was a hit in Latin America and peaked at number one on the Spanish charts. In 2018, the singer received a Latin Grammy Award for Best New Artist for her work.
- She has also been nominated for Billboard Latin Music Awards and Top Latin Albums Artist of the Year, Female, among other awards and nominations.
- Her track, titled China, became the first song on YouTube to surpass one billion views when it was released.
- She collaborated with singers such as Anuel AA, J Balvin, Daddy Yankee, and Ozuna on this song, which was released in 2017.
- Ocean, her second studio album, was released in 2019. She is now on tour. The Latin Grammys have nominated her for four awards this year. In February 2022, she released a new track, Mamiii, with Becky G, which was a collaboration.
Karol G Personal Life: I Have a Very Busy Schedule
Several sources have claimed that Karol G is in a relationship with fellow Colombian musician J Balvin. The two have been photographed together on several occasions, and they have also posted images of themselves on social media.
Anuel AA, a Puerto Rican rapper, and Karol G began dating in February of this year. They confirmed their relationship in April of this year and engaged in May of the same year.
Karol G Car
Karol G spent almost $450,000 on a Ferrari 812 GHS that he had customized himself. Another vehicle in her garage is a custom-painted Rolls Royce Wraith in black and yellow, a premium coupe that costs approximately $350,000.
- She also has a Mercedes AMG GLE 43 Coupe, which she has personalized in orange rather than pink to match her style.
- The car is expected to be worth $150,000 when it is sold. The Mercedes AMG G63, which costs $200,000, is the final vehicle in her automobile collection.
What is the Net Worth of Karol G?
Karol G is expected to have a net worth of $8 million by 2022. Several accolades have been bestowed upon Karol G since the release of her debut album, the most recent of which was the Latin Grammy Award for Best New Artist in 2018.
Karol G's number one singles include songs like Mi Cama, Creme, and Calypso, to name a few (Remix). KG0516 is the third studio album she has published. Her previous albums include Unstoppable, Ocean, and KG0516.
Although her music is classified as reggaeton and Latin trap, Karol G has cited a diverse range of singers from various genres as sources of inspiration for her career as an artist, including the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls, among others.