Joy Behar Net Worth: Joy Behar is a comedian, television personality, actor, and writer from the United States.
She is the only original panelist currently appearing on ABC’s daytime talk show The View, which she co-hosts.
- Born: October 7, 1942 (age 79 years), Williamsburg, New York, NY
- Spouse: Steve Janowitz (m. 2011), Joseph Behar (m. 1965–1981)
- Children: Eve Behar
- Education: Queens College, City University of New York
- Parents: Gino Occhiuto, Rose Carbone
Joy Behar Salary
Behar’s remuneration for co-hosting The View is $7 million per year.
Joy Behar Early Life
Josephine Victoria Occhiuto was born in Brooklyn, New York, on October 7th, 1942.
- Josephine grew up in a Roman Catholic, Italian household as the only child of working-class parents.
- Joy went to Queens College after graduating from university.
- She earned a B.A. in sociology in 1964, followed by an MA in English Education from Stony Brook University in 1966.
Joy taught high school English and studied acting in her spare time for the next five years.
Joy Behar Career
He began pursuing a career in the entertainment sector in the 1980s.
- Before establishing herself as a stand-up comic, she worked as a producer on Good Morning America.
- Following performances on series like Baby Boom and Live From Queens in the 1980s, he made TV appearances on shows like Baby Boom and Live From Queens.
She subsequently had her own talk show, Way Off Broadway, which she hosted.
Joy Behar Net Worth
Joy Behar has a $30 million net worth as an American comedian, writer, actor, and co-host.
- She is most recognized for her role as a co-host on ABC’s The View. Behar has also hosted a number of other shows on different networks.
- She’s also a well-known theatre performer and a published author whose works frequently contain political commentary.
- In the 1980s and 1990s, Behar appeared in Cookie, This is My Life, and Manhattan Murder Mystery, as well as HBO comedy specials.
- In 1997, she became a regular panellist on The View.
- She became a permanent co-host for up-and-coming comedians.
- Behar and her co-hosts received a Daytime Emmy in 2009.
- Behar left The View in 2013 to focus on stand-up and playwriting; she returned in 2015.
- Behar has also hosted Larry King Live.
- The Joy Behar Show was cancelled after two years on CNN.
Behar hosted Current TV’s Joy Behar: Say Anything!
Behar has appeared in The Vagina Monologues and Love, Loss and What I Wore.
Joy Behar Personal Life
Joy Behar married a professor in 1965.
- The couple divorced in 1981 after 14 years and one child.
- Joy Behar preserved Joe’s surname and child custody.
- Joy dated Steve Janowitz afterwards.
2011 saw their wedding. Joy Behar is a Democrat.
How Does Joy Behar Spend Her Money?
Behar has bought and sold homes in NYC.
- According to Celebrity Net Worth, the TV presenter acquired an Upper West Side condo for $2.4 million in 2017 and sold it for $3.28 million a year later.
- According to Behind the Hedges, Behar lives in a 100-year-old mansion in The Hamptons.
- “My whole life was having the greatest house I could afford,” she stated.
Love it. I don’t want to leave this house; it’s genuine. “I feel like a real Hamptonite.”
Joy Behar Property
Behar has a large real estate portfolio.
- Joy Behar sold her East Hampton wood home for $3.8 million in 2016.
- After selling her former property, she paid $4.75 million on a similar one.
- Behar bought a two-bedroom condo on New York’s Upper West Side for $2.4 million in 2017.
In 2018, she sold the remodeled flat for $3.28 million, making a substantial profit on her 2017 investment.
Kid Rock Rant Against Oprah Winfrey and Joy Behar
Years ago, Kid Rock had some strong words for Oprah Winfrey and Joy Behar.
And he’s not apologetic about it.
- During an interview with Fox’s Tucker Carlson, the rocker said “A Rockstar’s Life.
- Kid Rock is a musician who is well-known “said he has no remorse about the 2019 incident in which TMZ broadcasted his drunken, expletive-laced diatribe on the couple.
- “A sober man’s thoughts are a drunk man’s words,” Rock told Carlson. “I’m responsible for what I said.”
- “I’m not an Oprah Winfrey fan,” Rock remarked, adding that he “doesn’t apologise to anyone.”
- While lashing out over a recent photo shoot in which Griffin held a fake; bleeding heady of then-President Donald Trump, he said he felt awful about mistaking comedian Kathy Griffin for former TV anchor Kathie Lee Gifford.
- “A few weeks later, when it comes back on TMZ or anything, I’m like, ‘Oh man; I like Kathie Lee Gifford,'” he remarked. “Over the years, we’ve maintained a pleasant relationship.”
Over the years, Kid Rock has been a staunch Trump supporter.