The end of the world, also known as Ragnarok, is drawing near. In November, Sony Santa Monica's God of War Ragnarok will be released for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, continuing the narrative of Kratos and Atreus as the end of the world creeps closer.
PlayStation hasn't divulged much information about the upcoming game God of War Ragnarok. Still, if it's anything like the legendary story, many people will probably be killed. It would appear that Kratos' murder of Thor's sons in the last game did not sit well with the god of thunder.
On July 15, you can place your preorders for the product, which will be available on November 9. It should be no surprise that the collector's editions of God of War Ragnarok will be of a high caliber, considering how well the 2018 installment of the God of War series was received.
We will explain what is included in each edition as well as provide information on where you can preorder them before they are made available to the public.
Every Edition Currently Available of God of War: Ragnarok
Four unique editions of God of War Ragnarok are available to purchase: the Launch Edition, the Digital Deluxe Edition, the Collector's Edition, and the Jotnar Edition. On July 15, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. local time, the company is planning to begin accepting advance orders (10 a.m. ET).
Those who purchase the regular edition of God of War Ragnarok for the PlayStation 4 can upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version for an additional ten dollars. The game is included in the remaining editions and comes in both the PS4 and PS5 versions.
#1. God of War Ragnarok: Launch and Standard Editions
As may be anticipated, the Launch Edition only includes the most fundamental components. Players can choose to receive their copy of God of War Ragnarok on the PlayStation 4 or the PlayStation 5. Those who preorder it will also receive the cosmetic items known as the Kratos Risen Snow Armor and the Atreus Risen Snow Tunic.
The only thing that differentiates what PlayStation refers to as the Standard Edition from the Launch Edition is that the latter is only available to users who preorder the game. After November 9, customers will only be able to purchase the game in its Standard Edition, which does not include any presale incentives.
#2. God of War Ragnarok: Digital Deluxe Edition
Fans who aren't satisfied with the game itself but don't want to spend big money on more costly editions can benefit from the additional material included in the Digital Deluxe Edition. Unlocking the in-game items requires progressing through the tale.
- Full God of War Ragnarok game on PS4 and PS5
- Kratos Darkdale Armor
- Atreus Darkdale Attire (cosmetic)
- Darkdale Blades Handles for the Blades of Chaos
- Darkdale Axe Grip for the Leviathan Axe
- Official God of War Ragnarok Digital Soundtrack
- Dark Horse Digital Mini Artbook
- Avatar Set
- PlayStation 4 Theme
#3. God of War Ragnarok: Collector's Edition
The God of War Ragnarok Collector's Edition is when things start to get interesting since it comes in a box that depicts the Knowledge Keeper's Shrine. Players that purchase it will receive some physical gifts, such as a 16-inch replica of Mjolnir, which is also known as Thor's great hammer. However, the price has not been determined as of yet. Players not only obtain everything that is included in the Digital Deluxe Edition, but they also receive the following extras:
- A Steelbook Display Case (no game disc included) that depicts renderings of the Bear and the Wolf 2.”
- Digital code for the full version of the God of War Ragnarok game that can be played on the PS4 and PS5
- Carvings of the Vanir Twins are done in the same fashion as Atreus' wooden toy carvings of the Huldra Brothers from God of War (2018) and are limited to a Collector's Run.
- Dwarven Dice Set – A quality dice set with a wood-like finish contained within a dice bag bearing the Yggdrasil rune on the case's exterior 16 inches long.
- Mjolnir Replica – A remarkably accurate reproduction of the weapon that has become synonymous with Thor.
#4. God of War Ragnarok: Jotnar Edition
The Jotnar Edition is designed for those who want to get their hands on all God of War Ragnarok offers. This edition comes with everything that is contained in the Collector's Edition. Players will receive additional tangible goods in addition to everything included in the Collector's Edition of the game.
- The 7-inch vinyl record featuring music composed by Bear McCreary
- Digital code for the complete version of the God of War: Ragnarok game for PS4 and PS5. Included in this release are two tunes composed by Bear McCreary.
- The Wolf, the Bear, and the Falcon Set of three pins depict Faye, Kratos, and Atreus in their respective roles.
- The fabled Draupnir Ring is a piece of jewelry in Norse mythology.
- Dice belonging to Brok – The dice in this set have a metallic silver finish with blue accents, and the dice bag has the brand of the Huldra Brothers.
- Yggdrasil Fabric Map – This cloth map portrays each of the Nine Realms inside the branches and roots of Yggdrasil.
- A Display Case for Steelbook Discs (no game disc included)
- Vanir Twins Carvings Measuring 2 Inches
- A replica of a 16-inch Mjolnir