Destiny 2 Season 19: Destiny 2's Witch Queen expansion started a new year of content, and while people liked the new subclass abilities, the number of people playing Season of Plunder has started to go down. Destiny 2: Season of the Seraph has a good first impression, putting Guardians back in touch with powerful AI Warmind Rasputin, who can be a friend or an enemy.
Bungie is under a lot of pressure to get Season 19 of Destiny 2 right, especially since it will lead into Lightfall, the next major expansion. Here's what we know about Destiny 2 Season of the Seraph, also called Destiny 2 Season 19
Destiny 2 Season 19: Release Date and Time
Destiny 2 Season 19’s release date is December 6, 2022. It will start with the weekly reset at 5 p.m. BST (10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET) and bring a brand new Season Pass and Seasonal Artifact.
What's New in Destiny 2 Season 19?
Destiny 2's Season 19 changes the Crucible, Guardian abilities, and weapons, and it also brings back Moments of Triumph. Here is a quick list of what to look forward to:
As part of the weekly storyline for Warmind, Match made the Heist Battlegrounds activity. From December 20, Exotic Mission Operation: Seraph's Shield will give you access to Exotic Revision Zero. In the weeks that follow, you'll be able to get multiple catalysts.
The following playlists can be found in the Crucible:
- Quickplay – Control, and Clash using “loose” skill-based matchmaking
- Weekly Rotator – Momentum Control, Mayhem, Team Scorched, Rift, and Rumble, using connection-based matchmaking
- Competitive Division – random selection of Survival, Rift, and Showdown using skill-based matchmaking
- Crucible Labs – showcasing a 3v3 Rift with asymmetric maps, with a 25% reputation bonus
- Private Match: custom games between friends
When Will Destiny 2 Season 19 End?
Season 19 of Destiny 2 came out on Tuesday, December 6th, and ended on Tuesday, February 28th, at the usual weekly reset time. But there are still other things to do before the next season…
What Should You Do Before Season of Destiny 2 is Over?
Like every season, this one has a list of things to do before it's over. Among these are:
- Taking advantage of any seasonal titles you've earned.
- Watch to see how the holiday story ends. Most of the time, this doesn't require you to finish the season-long quest. For Season 18, that was Sails of the Shipstealer. This will be playable until Lightfall and Year 6 start, but this ending is no longer possible since Season 19 started.
- Reaching the Legend rank in any of the matchmaking activities (Crucible, Gambit, or Strikes) and getting the rewards from those activities' vendors.
- All classes can turn in any remaining season pass rewards.
- You can get a head start on the start of the next season by having some completed Bounties ready and maxing out the relevant materials and Glimmer.
Price of Destiny 2 Season 19
Season 19 will continue to use the Season Pass concept, which means it will cost roughly £10/$12 per season. Season 19 is already covered if you own Witch Queen's Deluxe Edition.