This article about Season 2 of the streaming series Daybreak was initially published on 22nd January after the network had canceled the show.
The original article, updated to reflect the most recent developments in this field, can be found at the end of this section.
Daybreak, a Netflix original series that premiered just before Halloween in 2019 and became an instant hit, was a huge success. There were elements of both The Breakfast Club and Mad Max in the show, which was set in a post-apocalyptic high school setting.
It was met with universal acclaim upon its release, and fans eagerly anticipated the announcement of a second season.
Unfortunately, that excellent piece of news never arrived. Listed below is everything we know so far about the show's cancellation.
Netflix has received a request for a second season of Daybreak, a fantastic series that has received a lot of praise.
Fans of the first season of this series were looking forward to the release of the second season with bated breath.
On the other hand, Netflix's official announcement that season 2 of Daybreak will be canceled was not particularly exciting.
Is Daybreak Season 2 Confirmed?
Sadly, the answer is no in this case. After Season 1 concluded in December 2018, Netflix confirmed that Daybreak would not be renewed for a second season, just months after it had ended. Aron Coleite, one of the show's co-creators, announced the development via Twitter.
- “We learned last week that Daybreak will not be returning for a second season,” he wrote on Twitter.
- “We're sorry we weren't able to share it with you sooner, but we're grateful for the opportunity to spend time with all of you during these final few live-tweet sessions,” the team said.
- Thank you for picking up where we left off and running with it in all of your unbelievable, bizarre, and monster-like ways and for being such an integral part of this show and our experience creating it.”
“No one is more disappointed than we are that we will not be able to share more of our journey with you,” he said at the end of the letter. On the other hand, we are incredibly grateful to have made it this far.”
Is Daybreak Getting a Second Season?
Netflix has decided not to renew the Daybreak series. The first season will be the last season of the show.
What Could Have Happened in Season 2 of Daybreak?
- A primary focus of Season 2 would almost certainly have been the new societal dynamics due to Sam's accession to the throne.
- In the finale, her ascension had a sinister ring to it, and it's safe to say that her rule wouldn't have been precisely kind and just if she had gotten her way.
- If the season had been focused on Josh coming to terms with the fact that his ideas about Sam are outdated and sexist — he only saw her as “a damsel in distress, not her person,” as she put it — the season would have required a lot of character development.
If Josh wants to survive the apocalypse, he'll have to learn faster and better than anyone else.
So far, there has only been one season of the show. The series currently has a 6.7 out of 10 IMDb rating, which is based on 13,999 votes from users.
Thank you for reading! It's sad to say goodbye to the Daybreak series. Check out other shows on our website; we guarantee you will find some interesting ones to watch.