An American actress, producer, and model, Dakota Mayi Johnson, was born in Los Angeles, California, on October 4, 1989.
Johnson has won a People's Choice Award, an Independent Spirit Award, and a nomination for a British Academy Film Award for her participation in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. She was one of Forbes' 30 Under 30 in 2013.
Her parents are actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith, and she is their only child. It was at the age of 10 that Johnson made her cinematic debut in the dark comedy Crazy in Alabama (1999) with her mother.
After graduating from high school, she began acting in auditions in Los Angeles and was cast in a small role in The Social Network (2010).
Johnson made her breakout performance in the action-comedy picture 21 Jump Street (2012) and went on to participate in Goats (2012) and The Five-Year Engagement (2013).
(2012). She was nominated for a BAFTA Rising Star Award in 2016 for her role as Anastasia Steele in the sexual romance drama series Fifty Shades of Grey (2015-2018).
Among the films Johnson has appeared in are Black Mass (2015), A Bigger Splash (2015), How to Be Single (2016), The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019), and The Lost Daughter (2019) with Maggie Gyllenhaal.
Johnson has also appeared in films such as Suspiria (2018), Bad Times at the El Royale (2018), Wounds (2019), and The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019). (2021).
Dakota Johnson Early Life
Dakota Mayi Johnson was born in Austin, Texas, on October 4, 1989. Dakota was raised in the entertainment industry with two well-known actors as parents. “Miami Vice,” the hit 1980s series starring Don Johnson as James Crockett, is named for her father.
- Melanie Griffith, Dakota's mother, is well known for her work in movies like “Working Girl” (1988). Because he was working on the set of “The Hot Spot,” her father was not present when she was born.
- Her maternal grandparents, actresses, are also in the entertainment industry. Dakota's stepfather was Antonio Banderas.
- The six half-siblings she has with her mother and father are two each. On October 4, 1989, in Austin, Texas, Dakota Mayi Johnson was born. Dakota was born into a family of actresses since her parents are well-known performers.
- He is most remembered for his role as James Crockett in the popular 1980s television series, “Miami Vice.” Melanie Griffith, Dakota's mother, is well-known for her work in films, including “Working Girl” in 1988.
She was born without her father's presence, as he was filming “The Hot Spot” at the time. Her maternal grandparents, actresses, are also in the entertainment industry. Dakota's stepfather was Antonio Banderas. The six half-siblings she has with her mother and father are two each.
Dakota Johnson Career
Modeling was where Johnson got her start in the business. At 12, she was featured in “Teen Vogue” among other celebrities' children, piquing her interest in the industry.
- Even though Dakota had expressed an interest in acting since she was a child, her parents demanded that she finish high school before pursuing a career in acting. Despite rejecting her application to Juilliard, she continued to pursue her acting career.
- Her stepfather Antonio Banderas directed Johnson's feature film debut, “Crazy in Alabama,” in 1999.
Johnson secured a contract with IMG Models after years of relative inactivity in the modeling industry. The MANGO jeans campaign she appeared in was after she became a star as an actor, though. Acting courses and an agent were added to Dakota's list of priorities when she signed her modeling contract.
Dakota Johnson's Net Worth
Dakota Johnson's net worth is $14 Million. Dakota Johnson is a multi-millionaire American model and actress. Dakota Johnson is most recognized for her role as Bella Heathcliff in the “Fifty Shades of Grey” film trilogy, although she has been in many other films and television shows during her career.
Throughout her career, she has shown an exceptional ability to play various characters in several genres.
Dakota Johnson Relationships
When it comes to love interests, Dakota Johnson has been linked to a variety of artists, among them singer Noah Gersh and actor Jordan Masterson.
Matthew Hitt, the main singer of the rock band Drowners, is also a former boyfriend of hers. A romance began in 2017 when she started seeing musician Chris Martin.
Fifty Shades Salary
Dakota Johnson didn't make much money from the first “Fifty Shades of Grey” movie. According to rumors, she was paid only $250,000 for her work on the first installment of the franchise's film series. Although she reportedly secured seven-figure salaries for the following two films, this is understandable given the previous film's box office success.
For $3.55 million, Dakota Johnson bought a house in the Hollywood Hills. Lap pools highlight this four-bedroom house, which Johnson restored after purchasing it. Carl Maston, a well-known architect, designed the residence in 1947, which is next to several other celebrity homes.
- A Look Into Abdu Rozik Net Worth ($250K) of World's Smallest Singer!
- How Did Robbi Jade Lew's Net Worth Grow to $1 Million? Let's Find Out!
- Channing Crowder Net Worth: How Rich Is He As He Visits Nudist Colony Passion With Wife?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is Dakota Johnson's Husband?
Since October 2017, she has been dating Chris Martin, an English musician and vocalist. They have a house in Malibu, California.
What Relation Is Fifty Shades of Grey Actress Dakota Johnson?
She is the granddaughter of Tippi Hedren, a Hitchcockian icon, and the daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson, both actors. As a celebrity, it's easy to understand how she may have picked up a few tips and tricks.