Chelsea Handler Net Worth: Chelsea Joy Handler is an actress, writer, TV host, and producer from the United States.
From 2007 to 2014, she hosted the E! network's late-night chat show Chelsea Lately, and in January 2016, she released the Netflix documentary Chelsea Does.
- Born: February 25, 1975 (age 47 years), Livingston, NJ
- Siblings: Shoshanna Handler, Simone Handler-Hutchinson, Chet Handler, Roy Handler, Glen Handler
- Parents: Seymour Handler, Rita Handler
Chelsea Handler Early Life
She was born in Livingston, New Jersey, on February 25, 1975.
Chelsea was reared in a Reform Jewish home with five siblings.
Handler traveled to Los Angeles at the age of 19 to pursue a career in acting.
She was living with her aunt at the time and supporting herself by working as a waitress.
Chelsea Handler Career
While residing in Los Angeles, Chelsea Handler discovered her love for stand-up comedy.
- Handler eventually starred in the hidden camera reality show Girls Behaving Badly, which aired from 2002 to 2005.
- Handler appeared in sitcoms including The Bernie Mac Show, My Wife and Kids, and The Practice during this period of her career.
- She began to work as a correspondent for shows such as The Tonight Show.
- Chelsea Handler's show, The Chelsea Handler Show, debuted in 2006.
- For two seasons, the show aired on E! Handler toured with her stand-up performance throughout 2007 and later presented the MTV Video Music Awards.
- Finally, Handler capped up 2007 by launching Chelsea Lately. The show aired on E! as well, and it was a huge hit, with an average of 960,000 viewers per episode in 2011.
- Chelsea, in the end; Chelsea Handler's contract with E! expired in 2014, and the show was abruptly ended.
- Chelsea Handler appeared in Are You There, Chelsea?, an NBC sitcom based on her best-selling book of the same name, which premiered in 2012.
- After one season, the show was canceled. Chelsea Handler began working with Netflix on many new projects in 2014.
- Initially, she used the media company to broadcast a Netflix special.
- Then there was Chelsea Does, a four-part documentary series in which Handler discussed a variety of difficult themes.
- She then launched the Netflix discussion program, Chelsea. The chat program was, in Chelsea Handler's words, “a more serious version of Chelsea Lately.”
Chelsea ended after two seasons in 2017, and Handler shifted her focus to ward activism.
Chelsea Handler's Personal Life
Handler began dating Comcast CEO Ted Harbert in 2006.
Handler announced the end of the relationship in 2010 after a sex tape of the couple leaked.
She began dating Andre Balazs in 2011, however, the couple eventually divorced in 2013.
Chelsea Handler admitted to having two abortions when she was 16 years old.
Is Chelsea Handler Married?
Even though she has spoken about marriage frequently in her work, the New Jersey native has never been married.
Jo Koy, a 50-year-old comedian, is her current boyfriend.
The two have made their connection very public, frequently tormenting one other on their Instagram sites.
Find Out More About Chelsea Handler and Jo Koy's Romantic Bond: Get to Know the Comedians
Darling! Chelsea Handler announced her romance with comedian Jo Koy in September 2021, and the two have been perfect matches ever since.
- Fans, on the other hand, speculated that the two had been dating for months after they were seen hanging out and writing about each other on their social media accounts regularly.
- “Do you have any idea how wonderful it is to get a man on with my honesty, strength, and confidence?”
- She captioned a selfie she took with her boyfriend in November 2021. “Someone who appreciates the fact that I won't take crap from anyone and isn't scared or emasculated by my bravado?”
- she went on. “Jo has given me new hope in mankind.” Learn more about Chelsea's lover, Jo Koy, by continuing to read!
Jo Koy Appeared on Chelsea Lately Regularly!
Before they became a couple, they worked together. Since 2007, Chelsea has hosted a late-night E! chat show that featured a round table discussion.
A February 2022 visit to The Kelly Clarkson Show revealed that the stand-up comic was initially promised a full-time role on the show.
Dear Chelsea” podcaster Kelly asked, “Remember Chewy?” when referring to her show's sidekick.
As she chuckled, she explained, “Well; evidently; I went to Jo first, and she turned me down, and then I hired Chewy.
- Charlie Hunnam Net Worth 2022: What Does Charlie Do Now?
- Morgana Mcnelis Net Worth 2022: Are Charlie and Morgana Engaged?
- Logan Paul Net Worth: How Much Is He Earning In 2022?
Chelsea Handler's Net Worth
Handler is a 35-million-dollar stand-up comedian, actor, author, and late-night cable talk show host from the United States.
Chelsea Handler is best recognized for her role as the host of the talk show Chelsea Lately.
She is also well-known for her Netflix series. Chelsea Handler was named one of the 100 most influential persons in the world by Time Magazine in 2012.