Bringing Up Bates Season 11-Another reality show centered on a huge family, Bringing Up Bates, will not be returning for its 11th season as scheduled.
New episodes were scheduled to air in February. However, UPtv announced plans to cancel the show as a shift to more scripted programming.
The tenth season of Bringing Up Bates began in January 2015 and ended in June 2021.
In a statement to Us Weekly, a UPtv official said, “We will not be broadcasting Bringing Up Bates season 11 on UPtv as scheduled since we will be focusing our programming in 2022 on movies and a new scripted series to be announced soon.”
“When Bringing Up Bates first aired, the show was centered on parents with 19 teens and tiny babies.
As the family grew, the cameras were there to record the love, humor, and significant life events.
Thank you for inviting us inside your family's home for the last ten seasons, Gil and Kelly Jo Bates.” The network also expressed gratitude to viewers for tuning in to the show.
What Is The Update About Bringing Up Bates Season 11 Premiere?
According to tvinsider, In a statement to TV Insider on January 18, UPtv said that season 11 of “Bringing Up Bates” will not air as planned because the network will focus on movies and a new scripted series that will be announced soon in 2022. Gil and Kelly Bates and their 19 kids were at the show's center.
— SOS/CTS/HH (@SoapOperaSpy) January 15, 2022
The Bates Family Also Released a Statement
Saying that “God's timing is always perfect” and that they are looking forward to what the future holds for their family and UPtv.
- “Filming with Bringing Up Bates for the past ten seasons has been a fantastic trip for our family.
- “We never intended or wanted to be on television, but we are eternally grateful to UP for all of the connections we have formed as a result,” the family said in a statement.
- “Filming and opening up our house has been both rewarding and stressful, but there aren't enough words to express our gratitude for the outstanding film crew and the people who have put in so much effort to make this program a reality.”
- They've become like family to us and have had a lasting impact on us.
- We're also grateful for all the messages and prayers we've gotten throughout the years from people who have seen the show and reached out to us.”
- The family expressed their gratitude to God for the experiences they'd had and the lessons they'd learned. They consider themselves “very fortunate” to have their recollections captured on film.
- They also stated that they intend to keep fans up to speed on their lives. However, it is unclear whether they intend to look for a new home for their program.
- “Our main objective is for every one of us to learn more about God and grow in His grace,” the family said.
- Gil and Kelly Jo Bates rose to national prominence after appearing on TLC's United Bates of America in 2012. The pair went to UPtv in 2015 when the show was canceled.
- The couple has 19 children, ranging from 32 to 9 years old. Katie Bates, 21, and Travis Clark, 21, got engaged before their wedding in December 2021, according to the finale of Bringing Up Bates.
The Duggars and the Bates family are also close friends. Last year, TLC canceled their second program, Counting On, when Josh Duggar was arrested on two counts of possessing child pornography.
Duggar was found guilty in December and faced a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison and a fine of $250,000 for each offense. He is still awaiting his sentence.