On August 15, 1972, Benjamin Géza Affleck-Boldt (also known as Ben Affleck) was born in Los Angeles, California.
Two Academy Awards and three Golden Globe Awards are among his many honors. PBS educational series, The Voyage of the Mimi, launched his career as a kid actor (1984, 1988).
Later he starred in Dazed and Confused (1993) and other Kevin Smith films, including Mallrats (1995), Chasing Amy (1997), and Dogma (1998).
After co-writing and co-starring in Good Will Hunting (1997) with his boyhood buddy Matt Damon, Affleck shot to fame.
The film won the Golden Globe and Academy Awards for Best Original Screenplay. It wasn't long before his name became synonymous with big-budget pictures like Armageddon (1998), Pearl Harbor (2001), and thrillers like The Sum of All Fears and Changing Lanes, all of which he starred in as a leading man (both 2002).
After a slump in his acting career that included roles in Daredevil (2003) and Gigli (2003), Ben Affleck was nominated for a Golden Globe for his portrayal of George Reeves in Hollywoodland, a noir biography (2006).
This is the first film he directed and co-wrote; it earned positive reviews. His following two films, The Town and Argo, were critically and commercially acclaimed; he also co-wrote and acted in each of these films.
Golden Globe and BAFTA Awards for Best Director and Best Picture went to Affleck for the latter film.
Since then, he has been in films such as Gone Girl (2014), The Accountant (2016), Triple Frontier (2019), and The Way Back, a sports drama (2020).
He began playing Batman in the DC Extended Universe in 2016, and he's been doing so ever since.
|Born:||August 15, 1972 (age 50 years), Berkeley, CA|
Violet Affleck, Samuel Garner Affleck, Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck
Jennifer Lopez (m. 2022), Jennifer Garner (m. 2005–2018)
|Movies:||The Flash, Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom|
|Production companies:||LivePlanet, Pearl Street Films|
|Parents:||Christopher Anne Boldt, Timothy Byers Affleck|
|Net Worth:||$15 million|
What Is Ben Affleck's Net Worth?
In addition to being an actor, screenwriter, producer, and director, Ben Affleck is also a multimillionaire businessman.
- Writing and acting in Good Will Hunting, directing, and starring in Argo are his most well-known works.
- For “Good Will Hunting,” he and Matt Damon received the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay.
- “Argo” won Best Picture at the Oscars. Ben's earnings total hundreds of millions of dollars throughout his career.
The $15 million he got from the 2003 film “Paycheck” was one of his biggest acting paychecks (before backend bonuses).
Inside Ben Affleck Early Life
Affleck-Boldt was born on August 15, 1972, to Chris and Tim Affleck in Berkeley, California.
- Ben's father, an aspiring playwright who worked as an electrician, janitor, carpenter, and bookie in addition to his other professions, raised him.
- When Ben was three years old, the family relocated to Falmouth, Massachusetts, where Casey was born.
- He and his family subsequently relocated to Cambridge, where his parents eventually divorced and where they raised their children.
- In Cambridge, Ben's family had a long history of involvement in the arts. Ben and his brother grew up going to the theatre and hanging around with other artists.
- A local casting agent was acquainted with his mother, and she helped set up tryouts for both of the Affleck sons.
- Even though she urged Ben to pursue a career in acting, his mother always wanted him to pursue a profession as a teacher instead.
- Ben Affleck met Matt Damon, two years older than him when he was eight.
The two lads instantly clicked and became lifelong pals. They went to acting lessons together, and both had successful careers in the entertainment industry.
A Look Into Ben Affleck Early Career
Affleck's first professional acting job, a local independent film, came when he was seven years old.
- From 8-15, Ben starred in the PBS children's shows “Voyage of the Mimi” and “Second Voyage of the Mimi,” working both in Cambridge and in Mexico, then appeared in the ABC after-school special “Wanted: A Perfect Man” and the television movie “Hands of a Stranger” at 14 and 15, respectively.
- After graduating from Cambridge Rindge and Latin School in 1990, Ben played small parts in several movies, including Daddy (1991), Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992), and School Ties (1992).
- Thanks to his large size, he was often cast as a bully or jock. He portrayed a football player in the NBC series “Against the Grain” and the HBO drama “Body to Die For The Aaron Henry Story.”
- Ben then scored a part as a high school bully in the now-legendary Richard Linklater film “Dazed and Confused.” He also had a supporting role in the 1995 drama “School Ties.”
Inside Ben Affleck's Personal Life
In the past, Affleck has been associated with several high-profile actors and actresses. From 2002 to 2004, he was a tabloid sensation after dating Jennifer Lopez.
The media couldn't get enough of “Bennifer,” and photographers were everywhere.
Ben, who had previously been in the tabloids, was less accustomed to the continual focus and scrutiny than Jennifer.
After getting engaged in 2002, Affleck and Lopez delayed their planned 2003 wedding owing to media interest. A year after that, they broke up.
Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck wed in 2005 to have three children. Their divorce was completed at the end of 2018 after they announced their split in 2015.
In 2001, Ben went to rehab for alcoholism. Both in 2017 and 2018, he made a second appearance. A public slip-up after a year of sobriety in 2019 didn't undermine his success, but he promised not to let it happen again.
Ben Affleck Awards and Honors
Good Will Hunting (best original screenplay, co-written with Matt Damon) and Argo both earned Affleck Academy Award nominations for him (best picture).
He has won BAFTAs, Golden Globes, and Screen Actors Guild Awards almost entirely for his roles in those two films.
Ben Affleck Real Estate
In 2009, Jen and Ben spent $17.55 million for a home in LA's Pacific Palisades neighborhood.
The seller was producer Brian Grazer. Jennifer continued living in this house until late 2018. That's because in December 2018, Ben and Jen sold this mansion to Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine for $32 million
- Season 9 of Homeland Is Happening: Things You Will See!
- Dopesick Season 2 Release Date: Cast | Plot | Is It Renewed?
- The Last Man on Earth Season 5: Release Date | Renewed Or Cancelled?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Is Richer Matt Damon or Ben Affleck?
A house in Los Angeles' Pacific Palisades district cost Jen and Ben $17.55 million in 2009. Brian Grazer, the producer, was the person who sold the item. Jennifer stayed in this residence till the end of last year. Adam Levine, the lead vocalist of Maroon 5, purchased this house from Ben and Jen in December 2018 for $32 million.
What Is Ben Affleck's Net Income?
It's time to reap the benefits! Ben Affleck has accumulated a sizable fortune as a screenwriter, actor, and director. Celebrity Net Worth estimates the net worth of the Gone Girl actor at $150 million.