You may not be aware of it, but many of the most popular video game franchises are no longer being developed by the people who made them famous in the first place.
The Battlefield and Call of Duty series both have a small number of original developers still working on them, and you can add Halo, World of Warcraft, and a slew of other long-running games to that list well.
Often, the original developers of these titles leave the companies simultaneously, resulting in the formation of new studios and the release of new and exciting games.
Indeed, ARC Raiders, an online cooperative third-person shooter developed by Stockholm-based Embark Studios, falls into that category.
In December 2021, it was announced at the Games Awards by the developers behind the Battlefield series, and it appeared to be quite far along in its development at the time of its announcement.
Here's everything you need to know about ARC Raiders, including its release date, gameplay details, trailers, and other information.
Arc Raiders Quick Facts
Arc Raiders Gameplay Trailer
So far, we've only gotten one release trailer, which also serves as a gameplay trailer, showing us what ARC Raiders will have in store for us.
According to what we can tell, a group of at least three players will be required to simultaneously take down enemies of varying sizes and numbers, using movement abilities such as grappling hooks and even jetpacks.
- Looting those space robots will not only provide you with new weapons, but it will also provide you with access to add gadgets that will aid us in our fight against the ARC.
- From the information that has been released so far, it appears that there is a sort of class system in place, with different Raiders being playable by players.
- These Raiders include the robot Lance and the human Celeste, both of whom are seen in the trailer. A third raider, who has not been identified, joins the fray.
- This appears to be a dystopian future in which animals are still alive, but humans struggle against the threat of extraterrestrial invasion.
- Some of the opening shots in the trailer, in particular, are stunning, and it can be expected that ARC Raiders will provide plenty of visual treats.
Arc Raiders Platforms
On the PlayStation 5, Xbox One X|S, and Windows PC via the Epic Store and even Steam, ARC Raiders will be available.
- Have you noticed anything? Yes, the consoles from the previous generation are absent.
- However, this may present a problem for many of you who have been desperately trying to get your hands on a new-generation console.
- It opens the possibility of ARC Raiders taking advantage of the full breadth of the new infrastructure available on this generation's consoles.
- According to their website, Embark Studios takes pride in innovation and pushing the boundaries.
- While the game appears to be primarily a loot shooter, one of the goals for ARC Raiders is to find creative, strategic solutions through a sophisticated engine.
Is There Any Arc Raiders Release Date?
For the PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, ARC Raiders is scheduled for release in 2023 and will be a free-to-play title.
- The game was initially scheduled to launch in 2022, but the company postponed it in August 2022 to “extend the experience and allow it to reach its best potential.”
- Given that the game was announced at the Game Awards in December 2021, it's a little surprising that Embark Studios has set itself the lofty goal of releasing it in 2022.
- A date has been confirmed on the game's store pages across various distribution channels.
- The fact that ARC Raiders was founded in 2018 gives us an idea of the scale we can expect from the organization.
- The gameplay in the trailer appears to be quite polished already, making the goal seem to be within reach.
- There has been no mention of a specific release date, but we should expect to hear more information shortly.
- We will continue to update this page with the most recent ARC Raiders information as it becomes available!
Arc Raiders: Will It Be Free to Play?
ARC Raiders is a planned free-to-play third-person shooter from Embark Studios, the company founded by former Battlefield developer Patrick Söderland.
It will feature people defending Earth from an alien invasion. A trailer showcasing some gameplay was used to introduce the game at the 2021 Game Awards.
The Creator of Arc Raiders?
Arc Raiders, created by brand-new studio Embark Studios, has been postponed until 2023. Due to the goals of the team, which former EA executive Patrick Söderlund manages, the release date of the co-op sci-fi shooter, unveiled at the Game Awards last year, has been delayed.
That's All About Arc Raiders. Thank You For Reading! Stay Tuned For More Updates, And Bookmark Our Site For More News.