Angelyne Net Worth: Angelyne has a net worth of 500 thousand dollars as an American singer, actress, model, and media personality.
In the 1980s; she became a cultural icon in Los Angeles after appearing on a series of billboard advertisements that featured her posing provocatively with the name “Angelyne” written in huge cursive script.
She wasn't pushing anything. Instead, Angelyne was presenting herself as a celebrity.
In 1983; she appeared on Alan Thicke's chat show “Thicke of the Night;” and she has also appeared in films such as “The Frisco Kid” (1979); “Earth Girls Are Easy” (1988); “The Underground Comedy Movie” (1999); and “The Disaster Artist” (2017).
Angelyne's albums include “Angelyne,” “Driven to Fantasy,” and “Beauty & the Pink,” as well as singles “Kiss Me L.A.,” “Animal Attraction,” and “I'm So Lucky,” and “Sexy Heart.”
Angelyne's billboards have appeared in films and television shows such as “Moonlighting” (1986), “Get Shorty” (1995), “The Day After Tomorrow” (2004), “Rock of Ages” (2012), and “Terminator Genisys” (2015), and she is known for driving a pink Corvette around Los Angeles.
Ronia Tamar Goldberg was born on October 2, 1950, in Chmielnik, Poland.
Angelyne began going by the name Renee Tami Goldberg after her parents came to the United States and resided in the Fairfax District of Los Angeles.
She attended North Hills, California's James Monroe High School.
Angelyne Net Worth: Career
Angelyne joined the punk rock band Baby Blue in 1978, which included her then-boyfriend. The band played in L.A. clubs and opened for The Screamers at the Whisky a Go-Go.
- The single “Rock n' Roll Rebel” / “Fantasy Man,” issued by Baby Blue in 1978, was restricted to 1,000 copies and exclusively available in England.
- Angelyne's first single, “Too Much to Touch,” was released in 1979, followed by her self-titled debut album in 1982.
- When she was attempting to extend a poster of herself to the size of a billboard that year, she met Hugo Maisnik, the wealthy inventor of Hugo's Amazing Tape.
- Angelyne's first billboard, stating “Angelyne Rocks,” was put up in early 1984 by Maisnik, who operated a local display printing company.
- She released the album “Driven to Fantasy” in 1986 on her Pink Kitten label; an 85-foot high mural of Angelyne was painted on a building at Hollywood and Vine the following year.
- She began recording songs with Michael “Doc” Dosco that same year, and their duet “Animal Attraction” was used in the 1988 film “Earth Girls Are Easy.”
She was the subject of the documentary short “Angelyne,” made by Robinson Devor and Michael Guccione, and she appeared on more than 200 billboards in Los Angeles around the same period.
Angelyne Net Worth: What Is She Doing Now?
Angelyne started offering Hollywood tours on her website in 1997, she participated in the short film “The Angelyne Dream Experience” in 1998, and she began painting self-portraits in 1999.
- She ran for governor of California in 2003 and received 2,536 votes, finishing 28th out of 135.
- “We've got Gray, we've had Brown, now it's time for some blond and pink,” Angelyne said during her campaign.
- She signed a deal with designer Michael Kuluva in 2013 to be the face of a t-shirt for his Tumbler and Tipsy apparel brand.
- The deal was said to be worth between $300,000 and $500,000. Peacock ordered a series based on Angelyne's life in 2020, starring Emmy Rossum, with Angelyne executive producing.
- In the 2021 California gubernatorial recall election, she ran as an independent candidate.
- Governor Gavin Newsom was not recalled, but Angelyne finished 18th out of 46 candidates.
- “I am not a lady,” Angelyne tells her audience at the commencement of Peacock's Angelyne.
- “I'm a legend.” Her voiceover hypnotically hangs above pastel-pink credits as she repeats the phrases.
- “I am not a lady.” “I'm a legend.” Emmy Rossum, executive producer, and star enters as the walking-talking cult classic and self-proclaimed “Queen Of The Universe” with a flutter of her fuchsia eyelids.
- For the brilliant five-part miniseries, the actor channels several periods of Angelyne, but plays her older and more vulnerable in the beginning–soft yet fabulous, like glitter mixed with talcum powder.
“I am not a woman,” Angelyne declares again, this time bracing herself in a brief moment of insecurity. “I'm a legend.” Read it.”
Is Angelyne Still Alive?
Angelyne is still alive.
Angelyne is an artist as well.
Angelyne Net Worth: Who Exactly Is Angelyne?
Angelyne tells the quintessential SoCal story of a blonde whose mysterious past captured the imagination of a city; based in part on Gary Baum's 2017 exposé of Angelyne for The Hollywood Reporter–directly it's quoted by Angelyne Fan Club President Rick Krause (Hamish Linklater) in the rest of that tense opening scene.
- Throughout the 1980s and 1990s; Angelenos were perplexed by this “Rorschach test in pink;” whose face was strangely splashed on billboards at important junctions.
- Angelyne used to—and still does—drive about town in her hot pink Corvette; sign autographs; sell stuff; pose for photos; dance on the hood, and claim to be an alien on occasion.
- However, the model/actor/singer/art installation would not discuss her personal life as she climbed to popularity.
As a result; theories abounded about who Angelyne was; where she came from; and perhaps most intriguingly; how she funded all of her self-promotions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Angelyne's Claim to Fame?
Angelyne, the pink-Corvette-driving blonde bombshell of L.A. legend, rose to popularity in the 1980s thanks to her eye-popping billboards that popped up all over the city.
Is Angelyne a Real Person?
Angelyne is “inspired by” the 2017 Hollywood Reporter piece that revealed her true identity, and the film opens with the titular heroine laying on a huge pink pillow, waiting to hear what journalist Jeff Glasner (Alex Karpovsky) had discovered.
What Happened to Angeline?
The COVID-19 outbreak caused the series' production to be delayed. In April of 2020, the first trailer was unveiled.
In 2022, the show will premiere. Angelyne launched her candidacy for governor of California in the 2021 recall election in April 2021.