A legendary Manchester United and England soccer player, David Beckham has become a global name thanks to a glittering career. Still, even after retirement, he has grown his portfolio and made more money daily.
Now retired, David Robert Joseph Beckham remains in the public eye and is a well-liked figure, particularly back home in England.
His appeal is massive when comparing Beckham to other sports stars, such as Brock Lesnar.
Beckham continues to appear on advertising campaigns, he's featured in the media a lot due to his purchase of an MLS expansion team for $25 million called Inter Miami, and his wife and children have celebrity statuses of their own, therefore bringing massive focus on the Beckham brand as a whole.
David Beckham Quick Facts
May 2, 1975 (age 47 years), Whipps Cross University Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Brooklyn Beckham, Harper Seven Beckham, Romeo James Beckham, Cruz Beckham
|Number:||7 (Manchester United F.C. / Midfielder)|
|Spouse:||Victoria Beckham (m. 1999)|
The Golf Course at Luttrellstown Castle Resort, Castleknock, Ireland
|Net Worth:||$450 million|
Inside David Beckham's Net Worth In 2022!
David Beckham is an incredibly wealthy man with a net worth of around $450 million at the time of writing.
- His wealth has led to his mansion being stolen recently, too. Beckham's money has come from a glittering career in soccer but also because of several lucrative endorsements.
- Beckham's wife, Victoria, is a successful singer, songwriter, fashion designer, and television person.
- With his wife Victoria's income from her pop career with the Spice Girls and her famous fashion label, the Beckhams are one of the wealthiest couples on the planet.
These days, David Beckham is mainly in the public eye for being the current president and co-owner of Inter Miami C.F. and the co-owner of Salford City, a relatively small club from League Two in English soccer.
Inside David Beckham Early Life
Born in London on May 2, 1975, David Robert Joseph Beckham is from the Leytonstone area of England's capital city and grew up there.
- Alan Beckham and Sandra Georgina's parents came from modest backgrounds and always wanted the best for their sons.
- After attending Chase Lane Primary School as a child and then moving on to the Chingford County High School as he got older, Beckham's talent for the beautiful game was evident.
- As a result of his undoubted potential, Beckham played for a local team called Ridgeway Rovers.
From there, Beckham caught the eye of Tottenham scouts, a club he stayed at for four years, before being snapped up by Manchester United, one of the biggest clubs in the world. The rest, as they say, is history.
Inside David Beckham's Career
David Beckham's career was undoubtedly a success on the whole. The English favorite played for Manchester United, Preston North End, Real Madrid, AC Milan, LA Galaxy, Paris Saint-Germain, and the England national team.
- Beckham made a name for himself by his affiliation with Manchester United, a club that used to be one of the favorites to lift a significant trophy regarding online betting.
- During his time at Old Trafford, the fashionista footballer won it all after making his debut for the Red Devils in 1992.
- Part of the legendary ‘Class of '92' at the club – a team of youngsters who managed to win the F.A. Youth Cup – Beckhammost most significant achievement is winning a historic treble in 1999, with United lifting the Premier League, the F.A. Cup, and the Champions League in the same season.
- Beckham has also appeared in the World Cup for England, although with little success. He was sent off in the round of 16 games against Argentina.
After his time at Manchester United, Beckham moved to America to play for L.A. Galaxy while also on loan at AC Milan before moving back to Europe to spend a season with French giants PSG. Then, in 2013, David Beckham announced his retirement.
Since Retiring, His Portfolio Has Only Increased
Beckham established D.B. Ventures, his own business, in 2014.
- The company manages most of Beckham's post-soccer interests, including his partnerships with Adidas, Tudor watches, and his whiskey company, Haig Club.
- Beckham received dividend payments of $12.1 million in 2016, $22.2 million in 2017, $13.2 million in 2018, and $17.2 million in 2019, according to documents filed with Companies House.
- The American branding firm Authentic Brands Group, which owns Reebok, Juicy Couture, and the branding rights to Elvis Presley (more on him later), among other brands, purchased Beckham's 55% stake in D.B. Ventures in January, according to The Times of London.
According to The Times, Beckham may earn as much as $230 million from the deal.
Inter Miami, an Expansion Team for the Mls, Was Founded by Beckham in 2018
Beckham's Inter Miami endeavor took a while to come to fruition.
- The Englishman earned an option to buy an expansion team for $25 million when he initially signed with Major League Soccer's L.A. Galaxy as a player in 2007.
- The MLS revealed that Beckham has exercised that option and would launch a franchise in Miami with a group of other investors in 2014, a year after he declared retirement.
- The team joined the MLS in 2020 but hasn't placed higher than 19th despite adding several high-profile players, including Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain.
Inter Miami enjoys $22.4 million in yearly sales, per Kona Equity.