Every electronic equipment or gadget is fantastic until it shows some issues and in the worst cases, stops working. A Fire TV Stick is undoubtedly a great streaming device. However, it is a gadget that is not completely immune to technical issues that can occur at times. So, in this article, we will be discussing the methods and possible fixes for the issues with your Fire TV Stick.
The Fire Stick is a streaming device that provides the users with the ability to watch all of their favorite TV series, movies, photos, and much more as it can be used to store all our desired content which can be taken anywhere. Like every other electronic gadget, the Fire Stick sometimes stops working and requires troubleshooting.
Well, we’ll be laying an emphasis on the most common issues that occur in Fire Sticks. The common issues include the sudden freezing of Fire Stick, errors related to the application, app crashes, audio/visuals problems, screen not showing anything, and much more. It should be noted that a majority of these problems are quite easy to deal with.
These are some general steps you can take in order to get your Fire Stick working again.
- Make sure the set-up is right – This is the first and foremost step to be taken to make sure that the set-up is proper and the cables are well connected to their respective ports. In addition to this, you need to ensure that the Stick is getting its power supply properly and try to connect it with the original power adapter only.
- Restart the Fire Stick – This step will hopefully solve a majority of your problems. The Fire Stick is designed in such a way that it needs to be connected to the power source all the time. However, there is no harm in rebooting it occasionally, as it can really help in solving many problems such as connectivity issues, update failures, and much more. In case you aren’t familiar with how fire stick TV works, you can look online for a reliable blog for Fire TV Stick user guides.
- Check your internet connection – In case your Fire Stick goes offline again and again even after constantly connecting it to the internet, then it is a result of a bad internet connection and weak wifi signals. Signal strength shows how strong your connection to the internet is, and regardless of how fast your network speed is, you are going to experience slower speeds.
- Ensure proper working of remote and buttons – If the device is not properly paired with the remote, then the buttons won’t work. Make sure to pair it while pressing down your Home key for about 8 to 10 seconds. Also sometimes, it happens that the Fire Stick goes out of battery, as it consumes a lot of power. If your battery is depleting frequently, go for premium quality alkaline batteries.
- Update your Fire Stick – Sometimes, the problem is within the software and hence you should always keep your device up to date. It is officially recommended that the user should leave his Fire Stick connected all the time, and this allows the system upgrades to happen in the background. Though the system upgrades are always running in the background and can happen automatically, it is recommended to look for updates regularly.
- Fire Stick Apps Reset – The fact that there are incredible applications that you must install on your Fire Stick cannot be ignored. Moreover, it should not be forgotten that they can crash without giving any warning. Ensure that your applications are updated and if that does not work, then you can restart the application. The final step of resetting the apps is clearing the data and completely resetting the application. However, after erasing all data, you will be required to fill in all the details on the exchange.
Well, the Fire TV Stick is quite promising and useful, but sometimes it does show problems that can be solved easily. Most of the time, it is usually power and internet connection issues, and once you have checked them, half of the problem is solved.
If in extreme cases, the problem is beyond your understanding and none of the above-mentioned methods work, then you must seek a technician for solving the issue and in some cases, you are only left with the option to replace your Fire Stick with a new one.