Tonight, the MLB will induct people into the hall of fame. Baseball writers can vote for up to ten players. With that, I thought it would be good to go over who would be on my ballot if I had a vote.
Like I said, writers have ten spots on their ballot and I would use all ten spots this year.
1. Chipper Jones
2. Trevor Hoffman
3. Vladimir Guerrero
4. Edgar Martinez
5. Mike Mussina
6. Jim Thome
7. Johan Santana
8. Scott Rolen
9. Billy Wagner
10. Omar Vizquel
Reason Behind My Ballot and Leaving off Bonds and Clemens off
Yes, I left Barry Bonds and Rodger Clemens off my ballot this time around due to the steroid issue. My stance on that isn’t as strong as most other writers, but with players like Santana, Rolen and Vizquel, there just wasn’t room for Bonds. Santana was one of the best pitchers in his prime and was not linked to PED’s. Scott Rolen being a top 10 third basemen in the MLB and Vizquel being one of the best shortstops to play. If your going to put Trevor Hoffman in the Hall, Billy Wagner is up there with him and should also be in. Next year Marino Rivera will follow as a first Ballot inductee.
Do PED’s teach you to hit or pitch, no. They can help you though, but with the skill both Bonds and Clemens had, they do belong in the Hall of Fame someday.
- NFL Mock Draft 1.0 - February 10, 2018
- If I Had a Baseball Hall of Fame Vote Here’s my Ballot - January 24, 2018
- Early look at the 2018 Detroit Tigers Starting Rotation - December 29, 2017
- Should Stafford Start vs the Packers? - December 29, 2017
- Kinsler Traded to Angels for Prospects - December 14, 2017
- New Tigers Era - December 13, 2017
- Trade Bait: Michael Fulmer - December 13, 2017
- Off Season Trade bait: Ian Kinsler - November 22, 2017
- Good Luck JV - October 31, 2017
- Tigers Hire Ron Gardenhire - October 19, 2017