Alabama and Ohio State is the hottest topic everywhere you look. In just a few hours, the debate will be over. More importantly for the fans in Michigan, where will the Wolverines be playing this bowl season? Below I offer up who I think the Wolverines will play along with my answer to Alabama-Ohio State.
Outback Bowl- Michigan vs South Carolina
This will be a rematch of 2013, a game that provided us a look at Jadeveon Clowney…
Michigan would go on to drop that game 33-28 on a heartbreaking last-second touchdown, but a rematch could be in the works. Michigan is 1-2 all time in the Outback Bowl, with the lone win coming over the Florida Gators in 2003. This game would not be played till January 1st meaning Brandon Peters would have a month to rest up and hopefully be healthy enough to play in this game.
Depending on who gets in to the playoff and New Years Six games, Michigan could also find themselves in the Holiday Bowl against Stanford or Washington. Whatever bowl they are in, a win would be a huge boost of momentum going into next year. The next time this team will take the field will be in South Bend against Notre Dame. The Wolverines will know their destination sometime between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. and we will have a breakdown and prediction for the game they are in. Stay tuned.
Rose Bowl- #2 Oklahoma vs. #3 Georgia
Sugar Bowl- #1 Clemson vs. #4 Ohio State
The pick of Ohio State won’t be music to Michigan fan’s ears, but I believe the committee will ultimately give the Buckeyes the nod. There is no right answer here for the committee, but the conference championship and Top-25 wins for Ohio State will push them past the Tide. Kirby Smart vs. Lincoln Riley will be a fun matchup of coaches who are very energetic and will both come prepared with great gameplans. Oklahoma’s offense vs. Georgia’s defense will be a matchup that could decide who wins the national title this year.
New Years Six
Peach Bowl- Auburn vs. Wisconsin
Orange Bowl- Miami vs. Alabama
Fiesta Bowl- USC vs. UCF
Cotton Bowl- Penn State vs. TCU
Auburn vs. Wisconsin would be a defensive slug fest along. Scott Frost will have a chance to leave Orlando with a win and undefeated season, but will have to get through Sam Darnold and USC. Penn State-TCU has the potential to be a high scoring shootout like the Rose Bowl last year. Stay tuned with that match up.
This year’s bowl season will be a great one. College football fans should be excited. Get ready to watch a lot of football and brace yourself for the playoff hot takes.
- Michigan Basketball Game 26 Preview: Northwestern - February 6, 2018
- MAC Basketball Mid Season Review - February 6, 2018
- Michigan State Basketball Game 26 Preview: Iowa - February 5, 2018
- Michigan Basketball Game 23 Recap: Purdue - January 27, 2018
- Michigan Basketball Game 22 Preview: Rutgers - January 20, 2018
- Michigan Basketball Game 21 Preview: Nebraska - January 18, 2018
- Michigan Basketball Game 20 Preview: Maryland - January 15, 2018
- Michigan Basketball vs. Iowa Takeaways - January 3, 2018
- Final Bowl Projections: Outback Rematch? - December 3, 2017
- Shea Patterson Transfer Update (Recently Updated) - December 2, 2017