Tigers Roster Call ups
September 1st is here and that means rosters expand to 40. This is a perfect time to see who will be called up.
The Old Faces
Jim Adduci, Chad Bell, Blaine Hardy, Arcenio Leon, Kyle Ryan and Bruce Rondon. These players have all been up with the big club this season and should get a final go on the season.
The Young Bucks
Now the players that have more upside for next season and will be big for the rebuild or retool whatever you want to call it.
Has had a good season in the Minors, his season was split between Double and Triple A. Over 131.2 innings he owns a 3.96 ERA and 115 K’s. Starter or Reliever, the team should want to get a look at his arm that could be big soon.
A big arm and was part of the David Price trade to the Blue Jays. Between three levels, Labourt owns a 2.17 ERA coming out of the back end of the pen over 66.1 innings. He also has four saves and 79k’s. His fastball sits in the upper 90’s and has a slider that is turning into his out pitch.
A potential middle of the order bat for the team. Stewart is an outfielder who isn’t on the 40-man roster yet, but with the trade of Justin Upton, he looks like a strong bet to get added.
The center piece of the JD Martinez trade. Lugo has been playing second base for double A since. This will give the fans the perfect shot to see a young player for the future.
Feature Photo Credit: Mark LoMoglio/MiLB.com
- NFL Mock Draft 1.0 - February 10, 2018
- If I Had a Baseball Hall of Fame Vote Here’s my Ballot - January 24, 2018
- Early look at the 2018 Detroit Tigers Starting Rotation - December 29, 2017
- Should Stafford Start vs the Packers? - December 29, 2017
- Kinsler Traded to Angels for Prospects - December 14, 2017
- New Tigers Era - December 13, 2017
- Trade Bait: Michael Fulmer - December 13, 2017
- Off Season Trade bait: Ian Kinsler - November 22, 2017
- Good Luck JV - October 31, 2017
- Tigers Hire Ron Gardenhire - October 19, 2017