Pistons Offseason Review
The Pistons have had a quiet but effective offseason that addressed what seemed to be the Achilles Heel of the team. Here are the grades for each move.
Trading for SG Avery Bradley: A+
Avery Bradley is a great two-way guard that brings the defense and offense that KCP didn’t have to Detroit. Bradley will be the center piece for this Pistons team. (I have a more in depth article here)
Drafting SG Luke Kennard: B
When the Pistons drafted Luke, they wanted someone to replace KCP and possibly come off the bench as a great scorer in his first few years. With Avery Bradley now in town, he will mostly come off the bench as a scorer, which is what the Pistons need after struggling getting points from the bench last year.
Signing PG Langston Galloway: C
Langston Galloway is another scorer that will come off the bench, he averaged 7.9 PPG in 74 games while shooting 39% from the field. The Pistons knew they needed help off the bench and showed it through the draft and free agency.
Signing SF/PF Anthony Tolliver: C
Anthony Tolliver is known in Detroit for his defense and 3-Pointers that helped win critical games. He is an still an effective scorer averaging 7.1 PPG, shooting 39.1% from three, and having a 44.2 FG% in 65 games. He will provide a spark off the bench that the Pistons didn’t seem to have this past season.
The Pistons showed that they wanted to improve from last years problems and they successfully did so. Trading for Avery Bradley was a huge upgrade to a starting five with a defense that doesn’t always come through. Picking up effective bench scorers and one bench player that can defend was essential to win late in games.
Feature Photo Credit: Jose Juarez, Detroit News
- Who Should the Lions Draft at #20? - January 25, 2018
- With all the Hype Around Him, Was Dwight Freeney Really that Effective? - January 23, 2018
- What went wrong this season for the Detroit Lions? - January 3, 2018
- Takeaways From Lions at Ravens - December 10, 2017
- Is Jim Caldwell on the Hot Seat if Lions Miss the Playoffs? - November 16, 2017
- Detroit Lions Offense Against the Panthers; Fluke or Real Concern? - October 15, 2017
- Possible Replacements For Jarrad Davis - September 21, 2017
- Michael Fulmer Injury Update - September 15, 2017
- Grading the Pistons Offseason - September 1, 2017
- 2017 Detroit Lions Under the Radar Players - August 5, 2017